PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max - KQo linecheck

Everlong
11-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Villain is 50/11 - 15/50% at showdowns

One of the final hands in a long session and I am not sure if I like my line here - although I obv won the pot. I know the consensus here is most likely to pot the turn. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $64.50
UTG+1: $44.40
CO: $9.25
Button: $56.45
SB: $48.90
BB: $48.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.
<font color=" blue"> OK top pair against a passive player whom I haven seen draw much. Flatcall?...</font>

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($16, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.
<font color=" blue"> blank unless he called with KJ which seems unlikely...I check planning to checkraise...check behind. He is either drawing or has a smaller pair. Or the odd set slowplayed </font>

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($16, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $17</font>, <font color="white"> UTG+1 calls. </font>

<font color=" blue"> trips. He won't call a lead if he whiffed his draw or with an underpair. I think I'll try a c/r. </font>

Results:
Final pot: $50

thac
11-24-2006, 04:57 AM
I would bet at least 2/3 pot on the flop with all the draws out there, two flush draws and a straight draw. River looks pretty good, I think you might get a call from a pair of 10s or 9s that doesn't believe you.

Everlong
11-24-2006, 05:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet at least 2/3 pot on the flop with all the draws out there, two flush draws and a straight draw. River looks pretty good, I think you might get a call from a pair of 10s or 9s that doesn't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean turn?

ok2aa
11-24-2006, 06:06 AM
i like your line except i always bet this river because no worse hands will call your checkraise there. KJ got there (seems unlikely tho) and AK will call or push now. I think i want to keep the pot small here and bet the river.

thac
11-24-2006, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry, long day of food and alcohol and losing poker. 2/3 pot on the turn. TY for the catch.

Wu36
11-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Given your reads and the texture of the board, I really don't like c/r on turn. It allows draws to check behind and if he bets and calls your c/r your hand is pretty much worthless. If I check turn its intending to check/call. I like a river lead but my river c/r range is usually a very strong hand or a bluff (leak maybe?). Its pretty brillaint if he paid you off with an underpair.

Everlong
11-24-2006, 07:00 AM
thanks for the input folks

[ QUOTE ]
I think you might get a call from a pair of 10s or 9s that doesn't believe you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir Winalot
11-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I lead river pretty much allways, $12 sounds like a plan. I would usually c/c turn.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't mind the check on the turn. But I don't like the c/r idea.

I have a personal phobia about chk raising this river. Every single time I do that, with trips, a straight or a flush, they have a boat. So I will usually just lead w/ a half pot blocker here, and fold to a push.