PDA

View Full Version : I HATE GETTING MINRAISED (25nl 6max, TT)

Big Poppa Smurf
11-24-2006, 04:45 AM
CO posted this hand which would lead me to believe he is not the most intelligent of players; otherwise he is an unknown. The flop coldcaller is very bad and I am probably very ahead of his range here.

FWIW I a) absolutely hate getting min-raised and I always just want to shove at people who do it to me,
b) tend to over get stacked too much when i flop overpairs with tens, and overpairs in reraised pots in general.

So, shove/call/fold flop, and why?

Edit: whoops forgot to post the hand, i am not smart.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.35
Hero: $24.65
CO: $25
Button: $21.95
SB: $27.60
BB: $34.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.95</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.1, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, SB calls,

thac
11-24-2006, 04:54 AM
I would be more worried about SB's check-call of a bet and minraise moreso the actual flop minraise itself. I think with a caller in between you're good very rarely here. I'd probably pitch the hand and look for a better spot.

Preflop is very fishy too, CO is repping a big hand and SB still calls. SB's probably a donk.. or me.. so it may not mean anything, but I think you're behind here way too often.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-24-2006, 05:13 AM
as i said in the OP, flop coldcaller is very bad and i'm most likely ahead of his range.

actually now that i think about it, it's the minraising that's throwing me off here, since if he had raised more pre and then raised more on the flop i feel like i could fold tens here pretty easily.

DntRazeMePlz
11-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Maybe I'm just too weak/tight but I see this as a fold. Not sure what we'd be ahead of and in addition even if we are ahead any number of cards completely kill us on the turn.

BombayBadboy
11-24-2006, 07:03 AM
a) and b) are very true for me aswell. When he has minraised you twice I think you have to let it go. This is very often a higher overpair. I've found out by trial and errror /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This really is your donkey AA line.

Sir Winalot
11-24-2006, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: whoops forgot to post the hand, i am not smart.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would usually just call and turn a set, usually c/f the turn, but I guess folding is not that bad either. I don't think shoving is a very good idea here.

z28dreams
11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Really ugly reverse implied odds situation here...

The pot is going to get big, seeing as how you have both a raiser AND a cold caller.

You have almost no room to improve - 2 outs at best - and the board is very drawy.

Just fold it. Feel good about it.

LaMbaL
11-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Yep, this seems like a fold to me. Most of the time here you should forget the entire word 'minraise', and just view it as a regular raise. In your eyes it might just be double your bet, in his eyes its a $3.50 raise.

In addition, the SB cold call is really worrying. If it isnt a set, its a flushdraw, which also greatly reduces your chances of winning this pot. Fold and let the donks duke it out, you'll find a better spot to get your money in.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO posted this hand which would lead me to believe he is not the most intelligent of players;

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but just like the other donks at 25NL, he'll let you know when he has a hand. And I think he's doing just that. Even though it pisses you off(and it does me too), fold to this flop minraise. Get it in on a better spot. If he's bad, then he'll be giving you more chances to take his monies.

ValarMorghulis
11-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I always play back at minraisers and lose money. I think you can assume CO has a hand here and should fold. (I'm not that worried about SB, he could have anything)

I like the advice above.
"Most of the time here you should forget the entire word 'minraise', and just view it as a regular raise."