PDA

View Full Version : Questionable flop call?

jumbojacks
11-24-2006, 03:49 AM
Effective stacks are 50 on Stars 50NL. The game has been very loose, w/ a lot of limping, tons of floating headsup, and calling down marginal hands. I don't have the exact hand history on me but I remember all the important details. I'm in about UTG+1 w/ 55. UTG, a loose player limps and I limp since they'll play a big pot w/ marginal holdings. I raised last time in EP w/ small pocket pairs when I first joined the table and I got 4 callers.

Family pot, Flop: A45r
UTG quickly bets pot, I call hoping to drag any others w/ a draw or Ax to tag along. UTG is somewhat passive so I assume he's holding something like Ax, but I'm not sure since I haven't seen enough hands. Flop call OK in these spots w/ these players?

Eagle Eye
11-24-2006, 04:25 AM
I would throw in a small raise to drive chasers out and start building a pot. You are not strong enough to give a free card here. Try to isolate an a-x holding an extract for value.

Hattifnatt
11-24-2006, 08:33 AM
This is bad, raise preflop (assuming its 6-handed, if its 10-handed your call is ok) As played, definitely raise the flop.

DeathbySuckout
11-24-2006, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The game has been very loose, w/ a lot of limping, tons of floating headsup, and calling down marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how many reasons do you need to raise PF. I will raise all pocket pairs PF, especially this type of table. With the way you describe these guys, you will get paid of for every set you get. Get it while the gettin's good.

Sir Winalot
11-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Raiseflopcallingsucks.