PDA

View Full Version : 99, what's my line?

Mossberg
11-24-2006, 12:49 AM
No reads on villain. New to table with a full stack. Please explain to me how you would play this hand and why?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4.5</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9.75, 2 players)
Hero ???

Waingro
11-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I think a really good way to play this flop is to CHECK and then FOLD when he bets, unless it is a minibet in which case we CALL.

Tjorriemorrie
11-24-2006, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a really good way to play this flop is to CHECK and then FOLD when he bets, unless it is a minibet in which case we CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]Seconded.

But in my style I wouldn't raise preflop with TT or lower. But then I also don't play SH, lol

Hail Eris
11-24-2006, 02:33 AM
With no reads, c/f to a reasonable bet.

limit refugee
11-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Agree with everyone else...My succes rate with the betting into preflop 3 betters with mid range pocket pairs hovered around sucking donkey balls level before I took that out of my usual repetoire.

elgatoesme
11-24-2006, 02:51 AM
I think one reason this is a question is that you didn't raise enough preflop. He could have tried to steal your weak reaise with AK or the like and you are ahead.

As played, check and see, folding to an overbet. You do have 6 outs to the probably overpair with some nice implied odds if the stacks are still reasonably deep (please include stack sizes!) so I would consider a call if the bet is not too big and the villain is stackable and likely to bluff c-bet with 2 big cards.

eigenvalue
11-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Nooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

You have to bet here. Giving up that hand without a little fight is terrible and way to weak!

You should bet something like $6-$7 and look what he does. Why this? His range could be an overpair TT+, but AK is likely, too. Maybe he reraised with something else because of Your somewhat undersized preflop bet, too.

Now, if You check, he will most likely do a CB and You have to fold. If You call, You don't know where You are. What's Your plan on the turn? Do You want to call him down 'til river? This is terrible.

If You bet, it's very tough for him to reraise You again without a made hand. It's difficult for him to stay in the hand with AK, too, because the board is draw heavy. So bet.
If he has an overpair, he has to reraise You with that because of the texture of the flop. A bet immidiately defines Your hand and makes it difficult for him to take the pot away from You with overcards!

Gravy
11-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Moss,

you are OOP vs. what is likely a better pair than yours. He may have AK but I doubt many other hands you currently are ahead of are in Villain's 3-bet range. I'd c/c a small flop bet (hoping to see an 8 or 9, maybe leading the turn if it blanks off entirely in an attempt to fold out AK), or just fold if he bets anything bigger than about 1/2 pot.