PDA

View Full Version : Question from a newbie

MyCatsCalledJose
11-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question for everyone as I have been thinking about this hand for ages and I keep changing my mind about it.

I was playing $50 (BB 50c)no limit holdem 10 players at Pokerplex.

Just started playing 2 tables. Got on to first table then about 5 hands later got on to second table. On the second table five hands from the button I receive KcKd.

Player directly to my right limps. I raise to $2.25(4.5 bb). Player 2 from button cold calls, blinds fold, limper calls. (pot $7.50)

Flop comes 3s 7c 4c

player to right checks. I bet $7.50. player 2 from button reraises to $21. player to right folds. I quickly look down to poker tracker and as this reraiser was sitting on the other table too I notice in the 15 hand he has barely played a hand. Later on after watching him I find him to be a rock but definately aggresive. Any suggestions what he had? My guess is he either had 33, 44 , 77 , jj or qq.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
M.

ticks
11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is he either had 33, 44 , 77 , jj or qq.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can expand that range a bit.
55, 66, 88+ needs to be included (though AA and KK is unlikely due to preflop).
56s i also a possibility.

You shouldnt rely too much on just 15 hands.
He could very well be a lagtard that ran cold.
All you really know is that he doesnt play every single hand.

Lets say he normally plays 33% of his hands, very loose in a fr game.
That would be five hands with your sample size.
Doesnt take a very cold deck to make him look like a rock, now does it?

However, in general I think we should err on the side of caution when dealing with unknowns.
Especially when playing full ring.
If this was a 6max game I would usually shove it in
(and expect villain to call with all kinds of crap).

It is close, but I am leaning towards folding.
I mean calling.

Er, wait, just fold.

MyCatsCalledJose
11-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks a lot for your reply. I think it is quite likely he had a medium to large pair. I doubt 56s because his raise was telling me f*** off or we are going allin. Way to aggressive when you flop a straight. He seemed to be scared of some future cards. I think it is most likely he had QQ but problem is most of the alternatives would leve me in trouble.

Thanks again,
M.

michaelantoi
11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Hard to say with only 15 hands on him, but i'm folding.

Wait for a better spot, the fact that you cant put him on much of a range should be enough to get you to fold.