PDA

View Full Version : AA vs big raise on flop

_Apollo_
11-23-2006, 05:34 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($1.15)
CO ($2.13)
Button ($3.46)
SB ($5.09)
BB ($6.67)
UTG ($2.53)
Hero ($5.42)
MP1 ($3.87)
MP2 ($3.52)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.03.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls $0.06, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.20) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

Push? no slowplay bc of that flushdraw I guess, but any reason not to push here?

Unknown Soldier
11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
nope, push this all day long.

_Apollo_
11-23-2006, 06:00 PM
AK is not likely. KQ or KJ are perhaps most likely if he isnt semibluffing with a flushdraw or straightdraw.

What worried me is that he bet so much if it was a bluff he could have bet half the size he did. Most of the times this means a strong hand at the limit I was playing.
(but I didnt fold it because 2 pair left me with outs but it wasnt a nobrainer also, thats why I posted it)

so if I got beat with a flush that would be a good play (+EV is it called, right?)

Unknown Soldier
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so if I got beat with a flush that would be a good play (+EV is it called, right?)

[/ QUOTE ] yep, say nice hand and quietly thank him for his money. You deffinitely want him to call with a flush draw.

At this level your opponents don't really think about what theyre doing. Most of the time KJ would never be played like that. It would be slow-played. KQ-K9 is very likely. Wouldnt have thought of a flush draw, but then add a note that this guys aggressive and can semi-bluff.

lacrymosa
11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AK is not likely. KQ or KJ are perhaps most likely if he isnt semibluffing with a flushdraw or straightdraw.

What worried me is that he bet so much if it was a bluff he could have bet half the size he did. Most of the times this means a strong hand at the limit I was playing.
(but I didnt fold it because 2 pair left me with outs but it wasnt a nobrainer also, thats why I posted it)

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, you're a ahead of a flush draw here, so get it in