PDA

View Full Version : Did I get pwned by this villain or is he a donkey?

tnenonen13
11-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Mmkay, so 2 scenarios here:
1. I have pocket jacks
2. I have AK
think this from the villain's point of view, because after the hand he said something like "I thought u had AK, so I'll call because I have a gutshot straight and 2 live cards." Hm, that doesn't make much sense to me?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed)
Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($10.75)
MP3 ($6.50)
CO ($10.15)
<font color="#CC3333"> Button (Villain) ($9.85) </font>
SB ($6.05)
<font color="#CC3333"> BB (me) ($13.55) </font>
UTG ($5.90)
UTG+1 ($6.70)
MP1 ($9.85)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (Villain) raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.7</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.45) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12.6</font>, Villain calls $5.15 (All-In).

Turn: ($23.20) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($23.20) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $23.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">

Villain has Qh Js (straight, king high).
Outcome: Villain wins $19.75. BB wins $3.45. </font>

jonyy6788
11-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Well if you had AK you're nearly a coin flip with him.

JJ, he's got about 30% to win...

kabouter
11-23-2006, 05:17 PM
both cases you would have played it bad I guess...

tnenonen13
11-23-2006, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
both cases you would have played it bad I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

care to elaborate on that one? how should I have played it?

jonyy6788
11-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Well I would have raised more preflop with either hand b/c you are out of postion (OOP). He raised to .30, I would reraise him to $1.20.

As played I would have pushed JJ after he raised me.
After betting the flop and getting reraised when we hold AK, just fold. YOu have nothing and if he's drawing he has a ton of outs.

tnenonen13
11-24-2006, 08:32 AM
mmkay, well I did have Jacks in this hand. My logic on pf: I want to raise him, but not so much that he would fold, because the same guy has a history of trying to steal blinds with complete snow. Now, if the flop is safe (wich it kind of was) I'm gonna push, and I did. Now, do you think I should have open pushed that flop? Why?

The Villain thought that I had AK, given my betting pattern, and then proceeded to call with his QJo, his reasoning being "I have a gutshot, and 2 live cards, so I call." Ok, given the odds he has it is correct to call (?).

What I'm thinking here is that is it correct to try to stack this guy here by making him pot-committed (wich he by his own words was) and then push in, or should I just push him out of the pot? Yes, there is a flush draw on the flop and that kinda scared me, and that's why I bet whole pot on flop, and he still came over the top.

What else would you have done on that than push? Fold?

kabouter
11-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Raise more preflop if you are going to raise, I like to take the pot down there if I re raise, if I raise to say $1 or $1,20 and he calls I go with pocket pairs. If I only miniraise him he could have anything. Offcourse there are still people who play something like A10o with a 12xbb raise, but at least we know more now.
Besides that JJ isn't KK or AA, what could he be re raising you with on the flop that you beat?
AK you got nothing, just fold it on the flop, you aren't going to bluff him away at 10nl.

kazana
11-24-2006, 08:57 AM
You should be grateful that he called you with that. He called as an underdog and that's exactly why you're playing guys like that.
Against better opponents, you'd only get called by hands that have you beat by a good margin. So, I'm not a big fan of this flop play unless you're absolutely certain this guy will call you with all kinds of speculative draws.

If he is so bluff-happy, you could also let him do the job for you. c/c all the way. Or, if he can't laydown TP, c/r ai.

Also, you do want to make it an expensive mistake to call your reraise with speculative hands preflop. Minraises don't cut it. Raise pot, maybe even some more if he's bad enough to call with crappy hands.

tnenonen13
11-24-2006, 02:11 PM
mmkay, so I'll put more in on pf next time. FYI that AK -scenario was there only because the villain thought I had AK, and I wanted to hear about his play, did it make any sense against AK? There's no way in hell I'd play AK that fast on that board..