PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: KK, this just didn't seem right

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Villian is a huge donkey. I think I had him as a 60/0/1 at the time. Didn't have PAHud working at the time so I dunno his flop/turn/river tendencies.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($10.55)
BB ($15.55)
UTG ($3.20)
Hero ($13.40)
CO ($9.85)
Button ($7.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.90, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $13.05</font>, Hero calls $7.90 (All-In).

inspir3d
11-23-2006, 03:01 PM
bet bigger on the flop - too many draws possible. bet like $2.5.

based on your read i guess u can't really fold the hand. payoff the donkey on a bad beat.

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Half pot bet here is a balance thing.

AaronOC
11-23-2006, 03:45 PM
let me guess, it was aces?

CaptVimes
11-23-2006, 08:12 PM
*Grunch*

Given the villain stats its hard to tell what kind of hand he has. Was he calling raises with crap or just limping and seeing a lot of flops? There are some people who try to invest the minimum, even AA, before the flop so they can be sure they are good. It could very well be someone holding aces but I would suspect 9's or 6's, a goofy played two pair or maybe 45 or 78. His show of strength has me thinking I'm beat that six complete two different straights. Has he pulled this all in move before? His stats don't lead me to believe he has been aggro. I do not know if I could get away from my kings here either as this also could be an overplayed QQ, JJ, TT. There is one reason I don't think this is the case though; he didn't donk into you so it means he was sitting and waiting to check-raise. I do think you should have re-raised more pre-flop to like $1.20 and also bet closer to the pot on the flop as you need to protect your hand. I would also have checked through the turn to try and control the pot and called a reasonable river bet.

I do know that a big leak in my game lately is not giving villains enough credit for actually having a hands. You say this guy is a donk but what makes you make that assumption other than a VPIP of 60%? How did he build his stack that high with major suckouts?

Anyway, food for thought if nothing else.