PDA

View Full Version : 10nL How bad did i play this hand

swearengen13
11-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.5</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $3.1</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9.7, 2 players)
UTG checks, hero checks.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($9.7, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $19.7

He showed 99. Some comments would be appreciated

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Probably wouldn't raise his donkey minraise. That bets a monster a lot.

Waingro
11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
I disagree. Letting everybody and their brother draw cheaply on that board is much worse. A mini-raise is not always the nuts, pretty far from it.

Also, stacks plz?

swearengen13
11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
utg had more then 200 blinds

Roadstar
11-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Preflop - Standard

Flop - Raising is fine. With villain calling raise, you should put in on a drawing hand i.e. JT or flush draw, or slowplaying a monster (set), 2 pair, or a stubborn top pair (edit).

Turn - I don't like checking here, I'd bet $5-$6. If he has straight draw, you might pick it up here. If he hit the flush or had a set, you get C/R and its soooo easy to fold it now.

River - as played I fold, you don't beat much here and hes not afraid of the scary board.

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop - Raising is fine. With villain calling raise, you should put in on a drawing hand i.e. JT or flush draw, or slowplaying a monster (set), 2 pair, or a stubborn top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh doesn't that range destroy you? Big draw/set/two pair? Pretty sure our equity sucks. In which case I'll reiterate, why reraise the flop?

Roadstar
11-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Had a typo in my post. Meant to say a stubborn top pair. Look at the action, one guy bets $0.5 into a $2.5 pot, the guy only min raises to $1.0. Typically this kinda action shows the guys on a draw or a weak pair.

This bizarre betting pattern means the guys' ranges are very wide. Of course hindsight we know villain called the big raise so red flags should go up.

If you advocate a call, you have no idea what to do on the turn. Our equity is not so bad on the turn and you definitely want to knock one of these guys out.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

105,930 games 0.281 secs 376,975 games/sec

Board: 8d 5d 9c
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 62.0438 % 61.64% 00.40% { QhQs }
Hand 2: 37.9562 % 37.55% 00.40% { TT-55, ATs-A9s, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, A9o, JTo, T9o, 98o }

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop - Raising is fine. With villain calling raise, you should put in on a drawing hand i.e. JT or flush draw, or slowplaying a monster (set), 2 pair, or a stubborn top 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh doesn't that range destroy you? Big draw/set/two pair? Pretty sure our equity sucks. In which case I'll reiterate, why reraise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This bizarre betting pattern means the guys' ranges are very wide. Of course hindsight we know villain called the big raise so red flags should go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my point. Are you bluffing with your overpair then? I agree that the minraise is a wide range, with a mixture of crap draws and crap top pair hands mixed in. It sounds like your suggesting if you raise him, he'll drop everything you have good equity against and call with only the big hands. This raise obviously doesn't make you money then, agree?

I think he still calls with some of the crappy top pair hands. I could go either way on raising the flop here.

edited to add: note on safe turns how much our equity will increase.

inspir3d
11-23-2006, 02:54 PM
at this level i think your line is fine.

the players are so bad their betting is so bizarre.

you could possibly put UTG on a big hand on the flop because of his overcall/raise - but seriously at this level they could have anything.