PDA

View Full Version : $25nl straight on the turn

kabouter
11-23-2006, 07:35 AM
So I hit my straight on the turn , wasn't that afraid of a AK beating my straight, since both guys still with me would have raised with those hands. I was afraid of a flush though, that's why I took the initiative to bet here. How did I play this hand? I personally didn't really liked my miniraise here but it was more too the other guys still in the game to make it -ev for them to call if they are chasing a flush. Not so against the villain betting.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button (poster) checks.
Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to .

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.9, 5 players)
Everybody checks hand converter is messed up again

Turn: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8.4, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, UTG calls, 2 folds, SB calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $10.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $4.17</font>, Hero calls. ($33.97, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $20.91, Sidepot 1: $13.06)

Results:
Final pot: $33.97

Unknown Soldier
11-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I'd raise turn to around $5 then just push river, it's likely someones lurking with a J and will pay you off.

bozzer
11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I would have raised a bit more on the flop. One caller would be plenty to see the river with.

Your river bet is perhaps a bit small given that there are two other players still in the hand one of whom at least should call. By the time it comes back to you on the river I'd guess you're behind (!) but for with roughly 20% pot odds I think you have to call.

ghostface
11-23-2006, 10:45 AM
minraise, boo

kabouter
11-23-2006, 12:25 PM
The river bet was more a valuebet, if I would have bet the pot I probably scared someone away. The same with reraising the turn big.
UTG had JQo though so I lost anyways /images/graemlins/smile.gif