PDA

View Full Version : starting hand question...

tehDiceman
11-23-2006, 05:39 AM
5NL, on the button, would you call a .10 cent raise to .12 cents with one limper in before the raiser?

table was mostly donkeys from what i could tell, i was going to at least call since i had position but when he raised it to 12 cents i didnt feel like 9-10 was a good enough hand.

MortenTA
11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Probably a fold for me.

Two important variables are missing though.

Is your the hand suited?
What are stack sizes? - Suited connectors rise in value the deeper your stacks are.

tehDiceman
11-23-2006, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably a fold for me.

Two important variables are missing though.

Is your the hand suited?
What are stack sizes? - Suited connectors rise in value the deeper your stacks are.

[/ QUOTE ]

stack sizes in this case, i was almost full buyin, one villian was almost full buyin, other villian was short. not suited in this particular example.

MortenTA
11-23-2006, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not suited in this particular example.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case its a clear fold for me. The only thing you could hope for is a str8.

tehDiceman
11-23-2006, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not suited in this particular example.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case its a clear fold for me. The only thing you could hope for is a str8.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wanted to play it because of the villians in the hand, one i had already stacked so i knew he was calling with nothing, the other knew a little but still didnt seem to hold strong hands at showdown.

with you saying clear fold, i wonder if my thinking on this particular hand, with the villians involved and with seeing the result of the hand, is a little too results oriented. sounds like it might be true.

MortenTA
11-23-2006, 08:40 AM
ok - A call with connectors here is bad for a few reasons.

1: Your hand is probably weaker than the raisers hand. Even though he raises marginal hands he cant be expected to raise any worse hands than 9To. A call with a weaker hand could still be profitable if your implied odds are good. But..

2: The villains in this hand plays marginal hands and these hands are not hard to get away from. This means that you probably would not get paid off if you hit your str8 hence giving you bad implied odds.

3: The hand is not suited and your only drawing to the str8. No flushdraw.