PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: Big draw, does anyone shove to this obvious "monster"?

Check_The_Nuts
11-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Here's how I played it, not gunna say its right. Guy is 33/22/8 over like 22 hands or somethin. Pretty sure I was only about 12 hands in when this happened. I think other guys in the hand folded a fair bit (like 60%), which is one of the reasons I didn't lead out.

Please notice I'm likely calling for a split at best on the river....at least IMO.
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.10
UTG+1: $8.95
CO: $8.70
Button: $9.85
SB: $2.95
Hero: $11.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.2</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.85, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.7</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $2 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $5.45

Grunch
11-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Not bad. Raise more on the flop -- full PSB. When it comes around again, calling is +EV, but often pushing is more +EV. In this case I doubt you have any FE, so the semibluff is out, and you probably don't have the best hand. So I'd prb call the second time around too.

eigenvalue
11-23-2006, 03:43 AM
You played this well!

elgatoesme
11-23-2006, 03:54 AM
I would seriously consider all-in response to weak flop reraise, but this is very villain dependent. Without reads maybe raise a bit more and call the reraise if the odds are right.

On the turn I dunno what the villain is up to, I guess he puts you on the draw but that is the right price for you. Maybe a sign of weakness. If he has trips he would probably try to make the draw a bit more expensive, especially given that he seems aggressive enough by his stats. I am too chicken (and on a tight BR) but ome pretty good players would consider a reraise push here as well, again based on their read of the player.

On the river, Could he have a weak ace or even less, yes but I would expect to see AK or AQ. Not enough to justify a call here.

Sir Winalot
11-23-2006, 04:33 AM
I would usually shove the flop over his 3-bet, but I guess calling is goot too.