PDA

View Full Version : ($2/5NL - PS - 6M) Two questionable hands.

JackA
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Hand 1: Both UTG and CO were fairly new, and UTG had played pretty weakly so far. Great I flopped a set, but so did someone else I presume so this pot is probably a split. I'm wondering if I should have gotten out on the flop with the raise and re-raise? UTG is very short stacked. CO is marginally so.

My though on re-raising all-in was to drive out the CO, but I now think this was stupid. They weren't going anywhere.

Edit: In the back of my mind was the thought that CO was putting "squeeze" on me since UTG was already all-in. He wanted that 47 cents all to him-self! I wasn't going to let that half dollar go! In hind-sight, and after thinking about this I probably have CO WAY too much credit. I thought he was squeezing me, but in reality he was thinking "OMGWTFBBQ!11! I GOT ME HAND!". /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0.47
UTG+1: $2.60
CO: $2.34
Button: $4.05
SB: $3.98
JackA: $5.52

Pre-flop: (6 players) JackA is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO (poster) checks, 2 folds, 2 folds, JackA (poster) checks.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.09, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">JackA bets $0.08</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.16</font>, JackA calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $0.45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.74</font>, <font color="#cc0000">JackA raises all-in $5.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $1.58</font>.

Hand 2: UTG was very new to the table. Maybe 3 hands. No real reads. I feel like I should have gotten out on the turn to the bet. I checked to see where I was, and got raised, but for some reason I couldn't drop the KK there. I suppose I can justify it by saying that if a K came down I was probably stacking this person, but it seems like a leak.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.80
UTG+1: $2.51
CO: $2.09
Button: $3.86
SB: $5.24
JackA: $4.91

Pre-flop: (6 players) JackA is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">JackA raises to $0.14</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.44, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">JackA bets $0.35</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.14, 2 players)
JackA checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.3</font>, JackA calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.74, 2 players)
JackA checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.4</font>, JackA folds.

11-23-2006, 01:11 AM
First hand is fine. I get it in. If someone has the other 5 with higher kicker or KK they can have my money.

Second hand i would check from flop and donk off some chips calling a bet. Correct play would be c/f, flop doesn't get much worse than that for your hand.

siwicki
11-23-2006, 01:27 PM
hand 1 --- all in for suer
hand 2 --- yikes!