PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL JJ oop

zinn0
11-22-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't really have enough hands with villain to be able to get a real solid read on him. He seems very rockish. I should also mention that I am pretty new to NL ring as I used to spend most of my time grinding 2/4 and 3/6 limit. Any and all thoughts, tips, and criticisms are welcome.

Pokerstars 50NL full ring
Hero is sb w/$58
Villain is MP w/$57

Action folds to Villain who makes it $2.50 to go. Folds back to our hero who calls, bb folds.

Pot: $5.25

Flop: Ts 5h 3s

Hero checks
Villain bets $6
Hero raises to $16.50

Villain insta-pushes

Hero thinks for a good while before folding.

Is there any other way to find out how strong villain really is? Does anyone like reraising here pre or maybe donking the flop?

Sean Fraley
11-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Yes, reraise preflop to $10, if you are reraised, fold, If not, pot the flop.

auburnman05
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
good fold, i don't think you can beat much here. Was it a 6max or FR? If it was 6max maybe he was being over agressive with TPGK. But i really think you are behind here, he is represeting a pair higher than your JJ and at worst I think he has AK spades in which you are still behind to his two overs plus the flush draw. Since you didn't have reads on your opponent definitely a good fold.

zinn0
11-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Yes, it was full ring. I used to get into trouble in situations like this...maybe I'm getting better.

CrustyFace
11-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Reraise preflop, cbet the flop if you only get called. If he still calls, try and see it down cheaply.