PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6max – Getting aggressive with draw, no reads

pwalsh21
11-22-2006, 09:31 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($63.90)
CO ($50)
Button ($16.80)
SB ($51.85)
Hero ($55.45)
UTG ($183.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($10) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>

I had only been at the table for 10-15 hands, both opponents were pretty loose. Their calls on the flop look pretty weak to me; I think they would re-raise me with two-pair or a set, so they are likely on a draw, too. I bet the pot on the turn to represent a big, made hand, hoping they’d fold their draws or weak made hands. Is this a good play without any real read on opponents?

11-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I like it. Would probably bet half pot on turn though to get better odds with the draw and better odds on a call if i'm reraised.

pr0crast
11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
cr or c/c the turn, depending on the action.

Xanta
11-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I've been flip flopping on this play for a while now, but I think that it's a good one.

If your opponents are competent, they will likely fold higher flush draws and straight draws because the pot sized bet doesn't allow they to draw correctly against what you've represented to be a fairly strong made hand. This gives your 7 hi flush a lot more room to make a healthy value bet if you do hit on the river, and your hand is pretty well disguised so you're more likely to get paid off.

I was a little nervous about BB's stack size and the likelihood that he's got a made hand and not a draw because of how short he is, but your bet/pot line likely carries a lot of fold equity with it, so BB will probably only call with strong 8s.

This line would have never even occurred to me, nh.

Edit: What's your play on river if MP calls and you brick?
What's your play on turn if MP pushes?

pwalsh21
11-22-2006, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: What's your play on river if MP calls and you brick?
What's your play on turn if MP pushes?

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) C/F river. I do have a pair of 7's, so I could still win a showdown if he checks a missed draw. But if he bets strong, I don't have enough information to make the call.

2.) Exactly what happened in this hand and I folded. I felt I represented extreme stength potting the turn, so for him to shove, he likely has a set/2 pair/huge draw (T9c, AQc, etc.), none of which I'm beating. And I really don't have the odds to call, even if I thought my flush would be good.