PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Pairs in 6max (pre-flop)

pwalsh21
11-22-2006, 06:50 PM
I play 50NL 6max and ALWAYS raise pre-flop with any pocket pair from any position. I understand that these are the most powerful hands in NL and most of the biggest pots I win come from flopping sets. However, there are some opponents who will put in a big re-raise with any pair TT or better, or AK, and I’m usually forced to fold (unless we’re both deep stacked). Against those opponents, I’m not sure if raising small pocket pairs is correct. If I limp and they re-raise, I’ll be able to call, and still win a pretty big pot if I flop a set (although they might be able to let go of the hand before their whole stack gets in). Just wondering how you guys play pocket pairs in 6max games, and is always open-raising with them and c-betting a majority of the time a good, aggressive strategy?

redCashion
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Nothing wrong with adjusting to your opponents and limping in if you are getting reraised alot.

blackize
11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, there are some opponents who will put in a big re-raise with any pair TT or better, or AK, and I’m usually forced to fold (unless we’re both deep stacked).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats like 5% of hands. You shouldn't be trying to adjust your strategy to optimally play against the top 5% of hands. Work on adjusting your strategy to beat the fish and calling stations. You do this by building a pot preflop with your pairs which allows you to get paid off when you set up.