PDA

View Full Version : KK and I hate this line now.

Jihad
11-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Guys been 3-betting me rather liberally (as little as KJs from what I've seen) and we're both around $60. He has folded to my pot sized 4-bets twice and although I was lite both times I didn't show. He also will always Cbet, but after 3betting that's pretty obvious. This line is from a little frustration, I think, because I was not getting any action with my biggies all day and I've had a bunch. Obviously the plan is to just CR every non-Ace flop, but now I absolutely hate this line for pretty (IMO) obviously reasons.

Converter is poop for me, here you go.

NL50
I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO, folded to HJ who limps and I make it $2.25. Button makes it $6 and they fold to me, I call OOP.

Flop ($13) Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, he bets $8, I raise to $37 (exactly pot).

11-23-2006, 01:40 AM
I think he calls there with AA Qx xdxd maybe JJ TT, which is fine, but he has to fold alot of hands you beat.

I would just call him down/bet if he checks to you to get value out of any worse hands he may have.

I don't think he folds the flush draw anyway to your reraise anyway, so the only real danger card for you is the A. If you're beat he takes you're money either way, but if you're not you may get some extra value out of him.

bk1
11-23-2006, 01:41 AM
good.

Spleen
11-23-2006, 02:07 AM
I don't think I like this. You fold to a AI here? What is the point of a check raise? It just seems like to end up getting all your money in the pot with few outs or you win $8.

bear
11-23-2006, 02:14 AM
If he is as loose as you say, you should be raising preflop to 15 or so. I still think you should raise the flop though. I think you could have bet a little less for the same effect (eventually getting his stack in with a weaker pair) and you can get away from a reraise if you like.

Grunch
11-23-2006, 02:24 AM
I'd re-raise PF even still. As played, I'd wait for the turn. He'll happily hang himself, and when he does he'll be so far in it he'll have a hard time letting go.

That is, if you have decided that you have the best hand are are willing to felt it.

Jihad
11-23-2006, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I like this. You fold to a AI here? What is the point of a check raise? It just seems like to end up getting all your money in the pot with few outs or you win $8.

[/ QUOTE ]No I'm not folding to an AI. Like I said, I don't like the line.

Dan Bitel
11-23-2006, 12:16 PM
the fact you've 4-bet twice makes it perfect to do it again

as played, just c/c the flop then check the turn

Roadstar
11-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't get it, if you play fast, (i.e. 4 bet light) this is precisely the time to play ultra fast preflop with a monster (KK). Don't get yourself into play fast with junk, slowplay monsters mode.

As played, C/C all the way unless bets are huge. By C/R, you kinda turn your hand into a bluff - prob only a Q or better calls.