PDA

View Full Version : Cbet flop- caught TP on turn but villain shows aggression.

Montezuma21
11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
No reads on villain. His turn bet really confused me. I thought both push and fold were reasonable alternatives, with call between my least favourite play.

I've seen some villain's take this line with a weak J, but somehow this guy didn't seem that much of a donk. What would a reasonable player's range be in this spot do you think? And what should be my line.

Any thoughts appreciated. please give reasons.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $26.90
UTG+1: $20.50
hero: $43.80
Button: $4.40
SB: $20.10
BB: $26.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $3</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $8.85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero

BombayBadboy
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
A reasonable player would never minbet the flop I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think Fold &gt; Call &gt; Push.

Alot of the time this is two pair, it might be a set, and it might be a bluff. This is a typical donk line, and I usually want a better read to see with what type of donk I'm dealing with. I think he is either very strong or weak/ drawing, with drawing seemingly unlikely.

I'm curious what other have to say though, since I'm very much a n00b.

Panthro
11-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't think this is anything less than 2 pair(King/Jack or something) or maybe even a turned straight(QT?). He probably donkbet the flop to find out where he was OR price himself in to draw. I think he's now betting pot on the turn to protect his hand.

Looks like a fold.

Baintz
11-22-2006, 05:41 PM
I want a decent read to not fold to this turn bet, looks very much like you're beaten. Looks like he was betting flop hoping to see cheap turn, say with QT , or hoping you'd raise as he is strong.
If you are throwing away the best hand here, patience, they'll be clearer spots to get this guys chips.

Sir Winalot
11-23-2006, 05:00 AM
meh, fold. Reason? bet/call flop, pot turn. He's strong.