PDA

View Full Version : full ring, 2 pair, lot of turn action

acidca
11-22-2006, 04:48 PM
villain has been getting involved in a lot of pots with me, and I've been drawn out on a few times and had to fold before showdown. He probably thinks I'm pretty weak. For example, a couple hands earlier I raised in MP with KK, 2 callers including villain. Flop comes 456, two diamonds. I bet pot, villain calls, turn 7 of diamonds. I check, villain bets very small (20% of pot or so), I call. River T of diamonds, I check-fold to a 1/5 pot bet again.
Villain had been making a lot of small bets against me, I suspect villain doesn't understand drawing odds.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $58.45
UTG+1: $13.15
MP1: $90.40
MP2: $14.25
MP3: $47.50
CO: $51.30
Button: $26.50
SB: $46.40
Hero: $50

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
4 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, MP3 calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises all-in $45</font>

meleader2
11-22-2006, 04:54 PM
do you have stats on this guy?

my issue here is that he bet small in the other hands yet he's betting HUGE here. if he bet small in the other hand hoping that you'd RAISE, call this 45$ bet (weak means strong, strong means weak). if he bet small in hopes that you'd fold/call, i'd fold this bet. HOWEVER, my gut is telling me to call, but to be honest i don't like it.

my hand range on this guy is a set, AT+. have you seen him do anything crazy like this before? if not, i'd lean towards fold. but i still probably wouldn't fold.

acidca
11-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Well I obv instacalled since I was trying to get it in on the turn anyway. I didn't really stop to think too hard or I might have folded.

He had A7 and in retrospect, I'm not sure he's got AT+ ever, really. BTW, no stats because pokerace HUD won't seem to work with FAST tables on pokerstars. What's up with that? I assume there's an easy way to fix it?

meleader2
11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I obv instacalled since I was trying to get it in on the turn anyway. I didn't really stop to think too hard or I might have folded.

He had A7 and in retrospect, I'm not sure he's got AT+ ever, really. BTW, no stats because pokerace HUD won't seem to work with FAST tables on pokerstars. What's up with that? I assume there's an easy way to fix it?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya there's a fix, goto HUD's website, the forums, beta "g" i think.