PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw on a paired board

Pro Zaxer
11-22-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm trying to get a feel for no-limit. Is this a standard semi-bluff on the flop? My turn call getting 4.5:1 okay? River I think I should bet. Not sure how much? Newbie alert, lol.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
3 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (3 players) HERO is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Button calls, SB calls, HERO checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.06, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $0.04</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.08</font>, SB folds, HERO calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.22, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $0.06</font>, HERO calls.

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.34, 2 players)
HERO checks, Button checks.

Final pot: $0.34

Archon_Wing
11-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Yea, you shouldn't really check unless the river is somehow a scare card (double paired board). You paid to draw to the flush, now take advantage of it! ;p

I'd probably bet .25 on the river and hope a Q, a lower flush or a straight will pay me off. I'd be wary if villian goes nuts though.

11-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Looks fine to me til turn, bet the river.

BukNaked36
11-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Bet sizing 101

flop - 3/4 to full pot
turn - 2/3 to 3/4 pot
river - 1/2 to 2/3 pot

Turn is easy call, bet $.20 on river.

Sir Winalot
11-22-2006, 04:43 AM
jesus christ do not check the river

eigenvalue
11-22-2006, 05:28 AM
At this level, I never used the semi-bluff on the flop. I never used it, because I think at these low limits there are so many calling stations, that You have a very low fold-equity only. But to have some fold-equity is one of the reasons for semi-bluffing. This isn't the case in lower limits, so I wouldn' try it.

As a general rule of thumb, I would never - at no level - try a semi-bluff on a paired board. The reason is that my pot odds are destroyed by 2 facts:

(1) I have a below average fold-equity, because someone with trips will call my semi-bluff every time. Someone with a pair higher than the non-paired card is likely to call my semi-bluff, too and sometimes, someone with 2 pair and ace kicker will call, too.

(2) If I hit my flush, I can't be sure to win, because everyone who calls me, has a chance to redraw to a FH.

River: On the river, I would try an all-in. My experience at Paradise in similar situations was that more than 1/3 of my all-in raises were called. I tought it's better to get a caller in 1/3 to 1/2 of my tries than to bet something like the pot and get a caller 4/5 of the time. In the long run, the mighty all-in bet wins by far more money at these stakes. That worked very well at Paradise, but I have no experiences at other sites, because I played only for one month at these stakes.

Pro Zaxer
11-22-2006, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ do not check the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I needed that, now I wont forget! lol. Thanks guys for all the responses.