PDA

View Full Version : NL50 AA ,never know if I am good

1C5
11-21-2006, 06:56 PM
To tell you the truth, I call most of the time and never know what to expect. A leak probably.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $133.16
Hero: $53.60
CO: $48.90
Button: $21.70
SB: $43.11
BB: $41.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $41.11</font>, Hero ?

Unknown Soldier
11-21-2006, 07:02 PM
read dependent this one, how have you been playing, how has he been playing? The only two hands that beat you are 44 and 99 (I seriously doibt he's sp KK pf) Readless I think I'd have to call This is KsXs alot imo.

Vammakala
11-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Know what you mean, sir. I hate these spots. But I'd imagine you're PROBABLY against something that beats you or is flipping with you. The best case scenario you can hope for is AK and even that can be of spades.

I think it's not a shame to fold here. If K was spade, I might call /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But b/3b - It's a monstaline.

GtrHtr
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
ez call.

Pro Zaxer
11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Getting a little worse than 2:1, the only hands you are in real trouble against are 99 or 44, assuming he would re-pop KK. Flush draw with gutter likely. You got trump spade so that's perhaps one of his outs and a backdoor for you, I call.

I don't do it enough, but I think were supposed to know whether we want to play a big pot before we raise to 9 on the flop.

LMAO
11-21-2006, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
read dependent this one, how have you been playing, how has he been playing? The only two hands that beat you are 44 and 99 (I seriously doibt he's sp KK pf) Readless I think I'd have to call This is KsXs alot imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about K4, 94 &amp; K9, remember this is a family pot. opp could complete with any two in sb.
Make it 12 on the flop and fold to push? could be a combo draw though... i guess it could go either way. I think i call.

Unknown Soldier
11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about K4, 94 &amp; K9, remember this is a family pot. opp could complete with any two in sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

...hero raised.

SirNeb
11-21-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure if one hit a set,he/she would reraise all in. Why would you make a play like that if you want to make more money? It's a scare play with some sort of backing. So set is unlikely unless you have an image that will call that type of play, or the opponent is too excited and poorly go all in with his monster. Of course he could read on the level and trap you. That's unlikely. Also, your preflop play is pretty standard, so he doesn't know what hand you have yet.

My guess is that he has a flush draw and wants to steal or a suited connector w/ the flush draw. Also a probable hand would also be TPGK.

I guess the answer to call or not is the read on the opponent. Is this a play he would usually make? Is he an overly aggressive player that likes to bluff? Did you reveal your hand by the way you played your AA, so he could play correctly against you by the FTOP?

Unknown Soldier
11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that he has a flush draw and wants to steal or a suited connector w/ the flush draw. Also a probable hand would also be TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ] very likely.

he can't put you on AA exactly here. KK,99,AK,KQ all make sense.