PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: TPTK on flop in steal situation

kerplunkNL
11-21-2006, 06:21 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($37.55)
Hero ($27.10)
BB ($35.60)
UTG ($80)
MP ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

In my memory of the session villain was stealing a lot. His stats said he att. to steal 8/16 times. For the short time I saw him playing, I thought he was pretty aggressive.

Preflop is standaaaard, right? He many of you lead this flop?

Unknown Soldier
11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't mind c/r raise here given your read, the board is pretty drawless. Leading is good aswell. Just mix it up

Jigsaws
11-21-2006, 07:17 PM
*shrug*, I lead, because I want to take this down when I have KK- as well.

orange
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I lead here as well as check. Both are good. When you lead, its just a matter of balance (what you do with a hand like KK in this spot that is). Leading isnt bad- gets value from AQ/etc and helps you stay consistent when you bet the flop with a hand like 67s or whatever.

Checking is also okay. checking the flop with KK in this spot is okay sometimes as well. Checking might gain a bit more value from a hand like KK or something of that sort. Underrepping your hand definitely has its merits.

Vammakala
11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
I bet here like 99% of the time. With any hand. I think this mysterious "OMG CHECK" ends up giving more information than it gains value. Many players do it when they hit and bet otherwise, that's not exactly how to work it. And say you have KK here, would you CR here ever? Probably not.

Vammakala
11-21-2006, 07:40 PM
You can try to bet some small funky amount to induce a raise ^^

But I guess CR is okay if you think he doesn't have string ace here.

Pro Zaxer
11-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Most are assuming you are check raising here, are you or is this pot control, bluff inducer? Anyways, I think checking here is just too strange on an A-rag-rag flop.

I think betting small on flop, say $4, and 1/2 on turn and blocking on river is okay.

Panthro
11-21-2006, 08:15 PM
I do this from time to time against an aggro monkey. I might even c/c the flop and check the turn to let him bluff again if the board is fairly dry.

Underrepping your hand against a maniac? me rikey.

Unknown Soldier
11-21-2006, 09:13 PM
imo if he is a natural stealer he'll see your check a sign of weakness, against a normal player it would probably signify strength, but I don't mind c/r here.

kerplunkNL
11-22-2006, 05:28 AM
I thought villain was pretty aggro and would try to bet w/ ATC if I check the flop. My plan was to c/c the flop and if the flopbet was big, I would c/c the turn again. Pretty lame.

But not every player is so aggro, c/r and leading turn is better yeah.

In this case I think a flop lead would be best actually: villain had AQ and he checked behind on the flop and called 2 potbets on turn and river. I probably would have stacked him if I had lead the flop. /images/graemlins/frown.gif