PDA

View Full Version : NL25, 88 hand vs tricky villan

jdefoe
11-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Villan is a real good player, much better than me, and is capable of mixing up his play real well. What do you think he's playing here. He tends to play good hands when he comes in raising.

My stack: $36
His stack: $42

6max game, everyone folds to villan in CO who raises to $1, I call on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the blinds fold.

the flop comes J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.35)
and villan checks. I make it $1.50, and he calls

I can't really see him checking a hand like TT here because of the fear of overcards. He maybe slowplaying pocket 3's (but he might not have came in for a raise pf) or AJ/JJ though.

turn: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
villan checks again, and i check behind.
I think his most likely holding is TT (checking for pot control) but I think he would have bet flop, and he may have called with AK unimproved, but not sure. Villan isn't known to check raise, but he could be going for the super-slowplay.

river: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
and he makes a weird little bet of $3.

At this point, I don't think he has 77,44, or 22 because he doesn't bet his medium strength hands on the river. A 5's or 6's full house prob would have bet more. He would probably bet his TT here though, but would check his AK down.

I called the river, what did you think he had?