PDA

View Full Version : your QQ gets repopped preflop so you....

arden street
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
First orbit, no reads. But 3betting is pretty rare right?

What's the preflop decision? And what line to take postflop?

Cheers

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $24.65
CO: $19.82
Button: $24.25
SB: $29.51
BB: $7.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 09:49 AM
I would call and see what happens.

DanJ.
11-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Call, raising folds out everything you beat apart from AK.

Vammakala
11-21-2006, 10:05 AM
You can easily play just for set value here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sam Spade
11-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Call. Do not automatically put him on A-A or K-K. This is a button raise. We don't have reads, so I'll give him credit for a decent hand.

Board texture is going to give us our direction after the flop. If the board comes out 9 high I check raise him the pot. If he calls, I'm pretty much finished. If the board comes out with an A or K, I lead for 3/4 pot and fold to a raise. A big flop is scary for him too if he doesn't connect. If the flop includes a Q I lead for 3/4 pot and hope he has A-A or K-K.

We have a good hand. Play it hard, but protect your stack.

EscapePlan9
11-21-2006, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call. Do not automatically put him on A-A or K-K. This is a button raise. We don't have reads, so I'll give him credit for a decent hand.

Board texture is going to give us our direction after the flop. If the board comes out 9 high I check raise him the pot. If he calls, I'm pretty much finished. If the board comes out with an A or K, I lead for 3/4 pot and fold to a raise. A big flop is scary for him too if he doesn't connect. If the flop includes a Q I lead for 3/4 pot and hope he has A-A or K-K.

[/ QUOTE ]

homeslice
11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
call

BombayBadboy
11-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Call and play poker.

RollTide77
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
That's the problem with Qs. Never know how good you are. Good news is that even if he's got As or Ks you're only something like a 3-2 dog I think.

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's the problem with Qs. Never know how good you are. Good news is that even if he's got As or Ks you're only something like a 3-2 dog I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you think wrong Mr.Optimist. It's 5:1.

RollTide77
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah. you're right.

3-2 is unpaired lows against unpaired highs I think. Don't have my odds cheat sheet here at work. :-)

ghostface
11-21-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4:1

/nit

AliasMrJones
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4:1

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 4.5:1

/nit

SixT4
11-21-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

wcaines
11-21-2006, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question. After calling the raise, Hero will have 21 left, the pot will be 6. If villian makes a pot size C-bet, and if i'm doing this right, a pot sized c/r will be 18 leaving hero with 3 left which I can't imagine isn't going in. Is this what you meant? Can you (or someone)fill in the right #'s

Pro Zaxer
11-21-2006, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question. After calling the raise, Hero will have 21 left, the pot will be 6. If villian makes a pot size C-bet, and if i'm doing this right, a pot sized c/r will be 18 leaving hero with 3 left which I can't imagine isn't going in. Is this what you meant? Can you (or someone)fill in the right #'s

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I liked Sam's strategy, but I think stack sizes prevent us from taking his line.

orange
11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
c/r-ing a blank flop is pretty bad.

wcaines
11-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Orange,
How would you handle a blank flop in this situation?

LMAO
11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Reraises normally mean something at the level/site i play 25-50NL, so i would put him on a good hand... say TT+ AJs+ AQ+. You're beating TT, jj, AJ, AQ. flipping with AK and dominated by KK &amp; AA.

I would call the reraise and lead a large % of flops. alternatively you could chk/call and lead or fold turn.

i think i like the chk/call re-evaluate turn line better. I havent added the bets, but stack sizes being what they are you might have to push turn if you decide to continue.

Sam Spade
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
There's math in poker?

My bad on stack sizes.

Sam Spade
11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
You obviously have considerably more experience than me, and I would value your input on this one. Would you c/c the blanked flop? Villain could have a big pair here, but can we safely assume a button reraise from an unknown could be AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT or a big suited ace? What is your line on the turn if we c/c the flop?