PDA

View Full Version : 2 barrels on double paired board. No hand at all. (NL25)

restless
11-21-2006, 08:30 AM
UTG - loose passive. Won't spew and protects his stack.
I'm his opposite this session :-), but I don't think they have me pegged for a maniac. (i'm not very loose at all, just raise happy OTB)

On the flop I think that checking might actually buy me some more FE than just blastin away as usual. I'm cbetting ~90% otherwise and have this "feeling" that my cbets are starting to lose respect at the table...

Turn and river bets are same size as if i was valuebetting.

Is this ok once in a while or just plain stupid?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $56.68
UTG+1: $4.55
CO: $31.96
Hero: $25
SB: $23
BB: $80.66

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.85, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.85, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.2</font>, UTG calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>,

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Rather read-dependent, but looks like spewage to me.

lacrymosa
11-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I think you'd have more FE if you c-bet the flop. But yeah, I dont' really like this play

restless
11-21-2006, 09:05 AM
it sure looks spewy to me too, hence the post...
But, What hands will he call the river bet with?

When he calls the turn I figured he could easily have a low/mid PP if he feels I missed the flop. He could also have a draw here but probably not that often.

How often will he have some random A-high on the river that he feels he should look me up with?
All low/mid pairs just died on that river..

So help me out.. how often do you think villain calls, and with what hands?
Also, how often am I bluffing with the best hand here?

Tjorriemorrie
11-21-2006, 09:11 AM
I don't understand why you're raising and betting...?

wingchunflush
11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Hmmmm seems really spewy. I am not a fan of this line.

restless
11-21-2006, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you're raising and betting...?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, well... preflop is a (standard?) raise with position.
postflop... i want him to fold his slightly better crap...
(look, im not trying to blindly defend my play here. I want to find out if this is slightly bad, really bad or yuck. but most importantly WHY it is so.)

wingchunflush
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
I think its really bad borderline yuck. you have been c betting and being very aggressive and all of the sudden your not anymore. Looks very suspect.
Nothing wrong with folding this hand actually, you want to play this hand multi way and when you raise you dont get that kind of action. I understand not wanting to limp on the button, or even raising the suited connectors here and there, but this is a board where I would check it down or fold to a bet.

kazana
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Any ace, king or queen will call or raise.
You might steal the pot from lower pocketpairs (except 55), if villain realizes he's been counterfeited (many donks won't realize and think their three pair hand rocks), and missed draws.

Villain holding a King or Queen is very unlikely (flop &amp; turn check), and the turn call could be a ton of draws or that lone Ace.
Given the fact that this is NL 25 (and villains loving to play any Ace), I'm inclined to think it's rather spewy. But there just might be some value here.

BukNaked36
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Not that bad IMO. Obviously fold to a push/raise on river.

Most 25NL players are checking that flop if they really hit it.

Villian calls turn with club draw, mid pair and probably folds river with either of those.

Only issue is you say your image is a little loose so that makes villian a little more likely to look you up with his 99.

Sam Spade
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
I like the preflop raise, but if you are going to do this you have to c-bet when he checks to you. If he calls my flop bet (3/4 pot) or raises, I'm done.

roxtar
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Once in a while, yeah I think it's ok in the interest of mixing things up a bit in order to develop/maintain an image at the table.
I don't think you're going to get away with this sort of thing anywhere near often enough at 25NL to make money, so I'd keep it to a bare minimum.