PDA

View Full Version : 10NL, strong draw with implied odds

Supwithbates
11-21-2006, 06:22 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($18.40)
BB ($5.35)
UTG ($14.45)
MP1 ($10)
MP2 ($10.70)
CO ($21.15)
Hero ($11)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.1</font>, BB calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.9</font>, SB calls $0.80, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.6</font>, Hero calls $0.70, SB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($5.30) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>
SB was 12/4/3 over 99 hands. Other villian was new to the table but seemed pretty solid. I felt he would also call if I called, but I wasn't too worried about him being on a better draw than me.

Does anyone like a 4bet on the flop? A smoothcall? The minbet/minraise kinda put me off on what to do.
Does anyone like a fold on the turn?
My read was obviously a monster from UTG, most likely a set, so after the flop I felt I was behind but not by much, so I didn't feel the J helped me at all. SB seemed hard to put on a hand, but I didn't feel like he was that strong.

Vegetarian
11-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Raise PF.

Normally I would like a push on the flop but UTG's line looks very strong so I don't think there is enough fold equity here to make a push that great so I just call.

I call the turn because since UTG open limped PF and then min raise/3-bet the flop he seems like a donk so he would probably call a river bet with whatever he has even if an obvious flush/straight comes.

akkahai
11-21-2006, 06:44 AM
After UTG has raised two times, your FE is pretty small. I think if you were drawing to the nut flush, you could just smoothcall and get SB to join the ride. But if SB is drawing to the nut or K-high flush, you are screwed . And it's a possibility given his actions.

So I'd like a 4bet to like $4 after UTG's raise to $1.6 and trying to get it all in on the flop. You have a nice number of outs and there's some dead money, go for it.

Waiting to hear more thoughts on this one..

Supwithbates
11-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I didn't raise preflop because villian was so tight I was immediately on guard. Anything he was limping UTG was ahead of me already, be it a pocket pair (probably only 88+ with him) or AK/AQ. I didn't think he was folding to the raise, but I figured limping was good because I would have position with suited connectors and probably really good implied odds.