PDA

View Full Version : 25NL C-bet Til I catch

FoolishStone
11-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Villain in this hand is 55/25/1.1 through 50 hands or so. Raises liberally and will call down with nothing. Have seen him reraise a few hands when he catches. First hand he reraised all in with JTo

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($24.30)
MP ($18.10)
Button ($65.05)
Hero ($97.55)
BB ($35.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2.

Is this 3bet pushing it a little?

Flop: ($6.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls $4.

C Bet ok?

Turn: ($14.25) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6.

Wasnt sure what to do here so I bet again thinking maybe hes on a flush draw.

River: ($26.25) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, Button calls $25.

Here I figured I have the nuts he likes to call maybe I should have bet less or more?
Final Pot: $76.25

pdoran10
11-21-2006, 05:04 AM
super laggy preflop reraise.
I'd probably fold or just call preflop. You are out of position with a marginal hand against a donkey who seems tough to put on a hand, given he shoves preflop with J10.

As played C-Bet $6 on the flop if you are going to rep the big hand you repped with ur reraise.

If you really want to follow through with this, Bet at least 2/3 pot on the turn. Big bets like this are about the only thing that gets donks like this to fold a pair or a draw...
I probably shove river if he called the turn here. This hand reeks of top pair, which could easily be J10 (for which he will think he drew out on you).

iFoldTheNuts
11-21-2006, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
will call down with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that statement right there, why are you even attempting a bluff against this player? He will dump it to you when you actually have a hand. Wait til you hit and then bet it. If someone else gets his money before you then thats just tough luck but you cant force it to happen. Patience is required against a donk like this.

Vegetarian
11-21-2006, 05:50 AM
Fold PF.

akkahai
11-21-2006, 06:20 AM
*grunch*

[ QUOTE ]
Raises liberally and will call down with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even a C-bet is bad against this type of crazy player. Why even cbet missed KQ if he is just going to call with A2 for example? You are not ahead of his range of "nothing" because you too have nothing. Certainly don't bet the turn!

River, yeah nice hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif Betting the pot is good there I think.

Tjorriemorrie
11-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I would fold PF. But considering his reads, I would call PF.

Wouldn't bet on turn. if he bets on turn I would look at pot odds.

Nice river btw

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not against this guy.

Preflop is fine. With your read that he calls with nothing, turn is an insta-check though. River bet is goot against this donk.

matv
11-21-2006, 08:17 AM
A good strategy against this type of player is to play weak-tight. I believe folding PF is the best option here

lacrymosa
11-21-2006, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
bit extreme. I call and take it from there

Bonesy
11-21-2006, 09:23 AM
If he is calling down with nothing, reraising pf and building a bigger pot oop makes no sense. You have position on this guy most of the time, just make him pay when you get real hands. I would call this pf.

Sam Spade
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Based on his stats, I reraise his button 100% of the time and c-bet 100%. He is going to call you, so be prepared to either play this to the river or fold preflop. If he will call down with nothing, we have several outs on the turn. Assuming our K and Q are clean, we have 3xQ, 3xK, 4xT, and we may be good with K high. Villain could be on a club flush draw, a gutshot wheel draw or A-Rag that hit on the flop. Make him your bitch.

EscapePlan9
11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
If he calls down with nothing, I like calling here PF. He's going to call your re-raise pre-flop nearly everytime and you won't have any more information on the hand. Instead you'll bloat the pot OOP. Also, whenever you hit anything, take this donkey to value-town!