PDA

View Full Version : Are EFT/Wires from neteller to the US working?

Stormwolf
11-21-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm trying to make a wire in USD to a european bank. I'm not even an american citizen but since the wire has to go through a intermediary bank in the US, neteller has sent me this

Hi x,

Thank you,

I have the letter from the bank. What currency is this account? If it
is USD, the chance of it going through is very minimal. We have most
International wires being rejected now. If they get rejected, it can
take up to 30 days or longer for us to be notified as the US is placing
holds on some of them. The US is also charging additional fees for the
wires they let through. Sometimes the fees are as high as 30.00 and are
paid by you, the recipient. This is out of our control so you must
consider all of this before you request a wire.
We recommend you choose a different currency such as Euro or GBP or
Canadian dollars.(And the convinient 1.9% fee)
If this account is USD, and you want us to send it in USD, we will need
the US corresponding bank information before we can send it. All US
funds must pass through the US.
Vicky

however this vicky could be just fking with me since she hates and is lazy like shyt

Stormwolf
11-21-2006, 05:22 AM
the eft seem to be working but the wires dont, can anyone confirm

tehDiceman
11-23-2006, 07:00 AM
did you copy and paste that? if so, obvious donkness since they misspelled a few words...

sounds fishy about the US funds must pass through the US junk.

trolling perhaps?

Sniper
11-23-2006, 07:46 AM
link to thread in Zoo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8121190)

ericicecream
11-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Can someone who knows explain what is the difference between a wire and an EFT? As simply as possible, please.

I have no EFT issues with Neteller at the moment from the u.s.

Sniper
11-23-2006, 03:06 PM
In the Zoo thread, basically Met said that EFT is a US/Canada thing...

TheMetetron
11-23-2006, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can someone who knows explain what is the difference between a wire and an EFT? As simply as possible, please.

I have no EFT issues with Neteller at the moment from the u.s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah EFT is an ACH transfer to/from a US/Canada bank to another US/Canada bank. It generally takes 3-5 days for the funds to be transfered and it is how most eChecks/Neteller accounts are funded/withdrawn from. You generally can't EFT money from one account to another person, but it is possible in some cases (a lot of people fund ING this way).

Wire transfers are an international method of transfering money. It can be done from any bank anywhere in the world to any other bank. USA to USA is possible and used for business transactions and larger sums of money needing to be transferred from person to person. It generally only takes 1-3 days depending on where it is coming from and where it is going to.

The problem everyone is having is that they are getting their cashouts in US Dollars from Neteller (either for deposit in a USD account in another country or for their bank to convert into their home currency). For some reason, Neteller is saying that their bank/transactions are being flagged in the USA (all USD bank wires must past through a USA bank) and being held there and not going through. It is certainly plausible but one can't say for sure if Neteller is full of it.

The obvious solution is to get the wire transfer sent in Euros or some other currency so the wire never has to pass through the USA. The problem is Neteller is fee hungry and charges a 1.9% fee ON TOP of the difference between the buy/sell rate. Basically, they are raping their customers on currency conversion. Nobody charges this much.

tehDiceman
11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
in other words, you are saying that it is good to live in the US if you want US dollars huh. /images/graemlins/grin.gif finally something goes our way.

i love how they block the foreigners from getting their money, but dont block money coming in. hifreakinlarious.

TheMetetron
11-27-2006, 12:28 AM
To be fair my USD wires aren't getting blocked by the USA going to a European bank. It just seem this particular bank blocking transfers from this particular source. Also, US players getting a wire from Neteller would be similarly blocked; it just so happens that USA players use EFTs instead for the most part so they aren't being affected.

And yes it's good to live in the USA if you want US Dollars.

driller
11-28-2006, 07:40 PM
FWIW, I did what NETELLER considers an EFT to my US bank for $100 after I read this thread. It was the first time I had taken money out of my account that way.

I initiated the eft on Nov. 24 and it was credited to my account on Nov. 27. There was no fee.

internetdonk
11-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I have w/d 8k by EFT to weels fargo this week with no problem....

mayday4379
11-30-2006, 03:15 PM
no problems EFTing to bank of america from Neteller...