PDA

View Full Version : AK played passively untill river

kaz2107
11-21-2006, 03:07 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($91.60)
UTG ($78.85)
Hero ($69.90)
Button ($7.50)
SB ($17.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($8.75) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($16.75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

River: ($28.75) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23</font>, UTG calls $23.

Final Pot: $74.75

Thoughts and reads...

Villian seemed to b an average lag but i hadnt been at the table long enough to get a great read here. he was playing 31 18 2.1 over 21 hands at the time.

Min raise utg is weid thus i dont have a great range preflop wut so ever. i reraise and get a call.

on the flop the AQ looks kinda scarry thus i decide to play a bit more passively than normal and keep the pot sorta small since he has made 2 weirdish bets now and i dont have a very good feel for where i am in the hand.

on the turn i make top 2 but am still a lil uneasy about the hand. he very well could have QQ+ and if i raise the turn he is prolly folding EVERY thing i am ahead of except AQ and calling all i am behind with. (is this the propper thinking here or do i need to make a move right now?)

On the river i make a boat and can now see myself getting called by many more hands that i crush so i decide for a nice value bet after he checks to me.

how does this line look? is this a good tyme to play tptk passively to begin with and if so are my reasons for doing so the right reasons. if not when would b a better situation?

DanJ.
11-21-2006, 03:21 AM
I would probably raise the turn, looks like hes trying to price his diamonds in. On the river, i would probably shove, if he has dimes hes folding to anybet, if he has and Ace then he will most likely call any bet you make.

orange
11-21-2006, 03:33 AM
I think flop is playd fine. I would probably raise the turn though vs. this opponent. River I would shove.

Thrahl
11-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I dont mind a flop raise here. Im definitely blasting this turn.