PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this hand wrong

gmcarroll33
11-21-2006, 03:01 AM
I'm at a 1/2 $100 buy in no limit game. My image is that of a tight one. For about the first hour I folded mostly due to the fact that I just wasn't getting any cards. Kept getting 5-2, 10-3 J-4 and hands like that. I don't think I even got connected cards 6-7 and higher and if I did somebody was raising $20 pre-flop. So anyways I'm viewed as tight, possibly a rock, even though I that's not really my style. I was being aggressive when I floped though. I usually play tight-aggressive. So I have 80 dollars left and am in middle position. I pick up KQ hearts. I raise $8. A lady immediately to my left who is loose passive calls, then a guy immediately after her, who plays to many marginal hands stronger than he should and has about $120 left, so he has me covered re-raises to 20 total. I just call, and so does the lady. So with the blinds added in, the pot contains 63 dollars. Flop comes QJ9 with Q9 being spades. I act first and go all in for my last 54 dollars into that 63 dollar pot. The lady in the hand to my left is left to act and has been running real bad. She's already into her second buy in so she call's with A9 off. The guy who reraised me preflop debates for a really long time and finally calls. He flips over AK off suit. Hits a 10 on the turn to make a straight and win the pot. He basically had 7 outs to beat me. So should I have done anything different with this hand? I may be biased towards myself as being a good poker player so it may be hard for me think I did any wrong right now, especially since it's fresh on my mind. I would have won a 225 dollar pot if no 10 or one of the 2 remaining aces hit. And at the time I currently had the best of it. I wasn't worried about him having Aces or Kings because this was an extremely loose table and everybody was overvaluiing AK. Should I have pushed preflop? Even then I'm not sure how scared he would've been. Feedback would be appreciated.

SNOWBALL
11-21-2006, 03:29 AM
I would just get rid of this preflop. Villain will often have you dominated if you pair, or you will end up with no pair on the flop in really bad position. Also, your stack is only 80, so your implied odds are pretty bad.

gmcarroll33
11-21-2006, 03:33 AM
Well like I said it was a very loose table. People were raising 20 dollars left and right with stuff like 44. This guy was also really lose and playing way to many hands overaggressively. And it was the first real good hand I'd seen in an hour. But none the less I appreciate the opinion and suggestion