PDA

View Full Version : 55... blufing the unknow in a reraised pot (with ranges)

kaz2107
11-21-2006, 02:58 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($74.40)
BB ($30.75)
UTG ($49.70)
Hero ($50)
CO ($88.50)
Button ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($10.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.5</font>, BB calls $7.50.

Turn: ($25.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $19</font>,
Thoughts and reads...

No reads on villian. i have been at the table for only a few hands.

Villian reraises me a relatively small amount preflop so i call with postion looking out play him/stack him if i hit my set. my initial range was JJ+ and AK. (seem reasonable???)

On the flop villian took a few moments bfore checking to me so i figured given his range preflop the A hitting made him uncertain of his hand all of a sudden a good percent of the time. AA now seems unlikely, AK a tad bit less likely (because im not sure a ton of people reraise oop with AK to begin with and an A hitting makes one less A for him to hold so even a bit more unlikely.) so i am left with JJ-KK. all of which can b bluffed off their hands. so i fire my normal bet out into a reraised pot. villian calls.

turn. again he shows weakness and the T is not likely to helped him so i put him all in for about a pot sized bet.

how do u like this play based on ranges that i assign. is this play ok against an unkown at NL50?

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 03:48 AM
Only by reading "blufing the unknow in a reraised pot": Don't.

orange
11-21-2006, 04:23 AM
i dont mind it. i think you can get him to fold KK/QQ most times.