PDA

View Full Version : proper line?

tehDiceman
11-20-2006, 11:59 PM
no real reads on villian, thought about popping the turn since i didnt see the 7 helping anything he might have had, minus A7. placed him on an Ace since he called the cbet so i didnt since his hand still beat mine. i pretty much shut down since i didnt beat the pair of aces. thought about popping a little on the river to represent the set, but since i placed him on aces i didnt want to push my luck with no reads, i thought it was strange to check the river with a set, but i've seen some of the biggest passive donks in the last few days, checked down with two top pair from the flop to the river or checking the flush they made with the river card, i was skeered to bet against this guy.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($2.32)
Hero ($4.36)
SB ($5.11)
BB ($1.94)
UTG ($1.32)
UTG+1 ($1.69)
MP1 ($5.51)
MP2 ($3.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.06, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.15</font>, BB calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.49) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.49) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.49

Minnie Man
11-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I think with the river check, the villain was on a FD. I understand not firing a second bullet on the turn as at this level, lots of villains call anyways. I think the river check by the villain is true weakness. He would bet on the river for value if he had an A. I think you would be able to take this pot down with a half pot bet.

EscapePlan9
11-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Proper line: fold pre-flop. With reads, go ahead and isolate.

Post-flop you played it fine. At this level you really should keep away from bluffing at pots.

tehDiceman
11-21-2006, 02:12 AM
i dont typically bluff at pots because all too often, i've seen and been called down with junk that somehow manages to win. i had played about 3 orbits but only had like 2 or 3 hands worth playing so i decided now was a good time to unleash a little nit fury.

the donk turns over 67o. WTF? how does he call preflop with that junk? wish i would have hit, i would have been all in in a split second. i also wonder if i had bet the river on the ace scare card would he have folded? dont know, but if not i would have lost more money which i was not prepared to do in this situation.

EscapePlan9
11-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Donkeys do the stupidest things on paired boards. Don't even bother.