PDA

View Full Version : 50NL Flopped trips turn decision

nogenius
11-20-2006, 10:54 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($51.50)
UTG ($46.80)
MP ($52.45)
Button ($49.55)
SB ($50.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($11.25) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

---

No reads at all on the Villian.

What's your turn play here, and how do you like the flop move?

WorkInProgress
11-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Why didn't you 3-bet the flop? Now you got crappy full house. I'd make a strong bet to see if he's got the 5. If he raises you all in, you could fold.

(Then again, Zeebo law says you wont fold that full house, and you'll find out whether he has the 5 or not. :-P)

Frosteater
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I'd checkraise the turn against villain's pocket aces.

Now, this might be pure bs and $50 isn't my league. But I think limping in on the button after everyone folded to you is suspicious. I've seen a lot AA limping in in an attempt to lure more callers into the pot. Again, maybe it's a typical amateur play and you don't see it anymore on that level.

I'd probably go broke on that one, so take my words as an idea rather than a suggestion.

tehDiceman
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
i think i would end up going broke as well, as much as it would suck if you dont have him beat, at the same time, you will see so much junk get turned over or mucked(my favorite thing to see when im in a big pot) on a board like this. flush draws, straight draws, overpairs, overcards hoping to hit, etc.

not quite sure i would place him on a 5 or 2, most players dont even limp in with that much junk, however i've seen some things that would boggle the mind of any serious player.

there are only two hands that beat you right now, quad 5's or the 5 over 2 house. if he has a two, you split. i dont think i'd fold the third nuts in this situation.

the machine
11-21-2006, 01:39 AM
im 3 betting the flop with the hearts out there. and check calling down. im check calling down because of the fact that we want to try to get action from worse hands, not because of fear of the 5. if he has an overpair and we lead he will likely just fold since we called his raise on the flop. if he checks behind on turn i valube bet around 1/2 pot on river and call a raise