PDA

View Full Version : $10 NL 6 Max - Pocket Pair vs Overcard

Frosteater
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Another situation which might be straightforward to most of you but turned out quite tricky for me.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($10.40)
UTG ($6.40)
Frost ($9.45)
Button ($18.40)
SB ($9.10)

Preflop: Frost is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Frost raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Frost bets $0.8</font>, UTG calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.75) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Frost bets $2.4</font>, UTG calls $2.40.

River: ($7.55) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Frost bets $3</font>, UTG calls $2.70 (All-In).

Final Pot: $13.25

As far as reading the opponent goes I can't say much other than I didn't encounter anything at that table, that seemed too odd, most of the time you could give credit to a bet. I also had to consider my own image. I played quite aggressive (allways raising preflop, c-betting almost everytime) and I thought my opponent might underestimate my bet.

This is also why I c-bet with a king on the flop and continued betting after I got called. I figured since he didn't bet the flop but stayed in the pot, he wasn't too confident with his hand but somehow hit the flop and didn't want to give in to a steal. Something like A3 or QTd.

I'm confident there's a serious lack in the way I played this hand, I just can't quite put my finger on it and I'd appreciate suggestions here.

wingchunflush
11-20-2006, 11:06 PM
The villan might be playing K with a bad kicker seems like he is not happy with it but not ready to give up. After being called on the flop I might do a second stab on the turn depending on the card and my image. If I stab and get called again I am going to c/c or c/f the river depending on bet size..anyone else?

WorkInProgress
11-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't have bet again on the river because you bet so strongly on the flop and turn. On the river, the only person who will look you up with that strong a bet is someone with a K, a rediculous slow play, or a complete donk.

Also, I might have bet less on the turn. Half pot maybe? Bet was fine though.

JackA
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
It seems odd that villain didn't re-raise with the K, but maybe he is afraid of a set or 2 pair. I think after the call on the flop I'd have checked the turn and taken the "free" card. If he bet into me on the river, I'd have considered folding. Possibly too weak on my part.

It appears he check-raised you AI on the river, so he probably had the K. It feels like you were behind by the turn to me.