View Full Version : flopped set on monotone board

arden street
11-20-2006, 10:15 PM
No villian reads except haven't noticed anything unusual

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $34.40
Button: $47.75
Hero: $25.70
BB: $36.47

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($15.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000"> </font> Hero ?

When do you give a villian credit for a flopped flush?

How would you have played it to here? What would you do from here?

Cheers

Tomke
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I would have played the same. Turn is a standard call since villain offers you a great price to make the boat. Even if villain had no money left, you were offered odds to call. If he in fact HAS flopped a flush, you'll probably stack him if you make the full house. Very easy turn call.

If river doesnt bring a boardpair, I'd check and call a moderate bet, I think villain is holding Ax fairly often here.

WorkInProgress
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have played the same. Turn is a standard call since villain offers you a great price to make the boat. Even if villain had no money left, you were offered odds to call. If he in fact HAS flopped a flush, you'll probably stack him if you make the full house. Very easy turn call.

If river doesnt bring a boardpair, I'd check and call a moderate bet, I think villain is holding Ax fairly often here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. My initial analysis sucked. I think this is dead on.

Just wanted to add that a 4flush on villain's part seems unlikely as his bets seems to show more fear or straight up bad milking the pot.

kaz2107
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
3 bet the flop ai. that is by far the best option. no other choices here imo.

kolotoure
11-20-2006, 10:39 PM
There is no way you can ever fold if you 3-bet. I am 3-betting this flop because I likely have the best hand. Villian raised UTG so the only thing that beats us is a higher set/KQdd and we are significantly ahead of his range. So push flop

Chaos_ult
11-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm probably trying to get it AI on the flop. You have a set!

I like bet/3bet here.

There's no guaruntee that he's going to bet for you on this monotone flop, and freecards are pretty disasterous.

Even if you're behind to a flush, you have 7 outs on the flop, and if you miss on the turn, you pick up 3 more outs.

You might be way ahead though

There's no way i'm ever folding on the flop.

WorkInProgress
11-20-2006, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to do a 3-bet initially, but isn't a 3bet just going to get calls from a made flush? Top pair is probably going to fold because he's as scared of the flush, and his bets seem to indicate that. The only thing that seems to call that we beat is Ax with one diamond.

Hellmouth
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this if the board has two of the flush but not all three. I think only worse hands fold and better hands call.

I think it is also tough becuase your pot equity is about 40% so without a pretty big pot to begin with we are not making enough heads up when villian calls with a made flush.

Do we get enough fold equity from the push since to make up this disadvantage? I am not sure since again I don't think villian folds many hands that we are currently behind.

Greg

Hellmouth
11-20-2006, 10:53 PM
something else worth noting. At these levels, the flop min-raise usually means the nuts or close to it.

Greg

WorkInProgress
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
something else worth noting. At these levels, the flop min-raise usually means the nuts or close to it.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I've seen it fairly often with top pair but from fairly scaredycat players.

kaz2107
11-20-2006, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

meh i think u r giving villian WAY to much credit here. they will b doin this with tp, the nut draw, 2 pair, and made flushes.

i also think they call with all of these to our push on the flop after they have minrises i think tons of donks feel obligated to call after raising no matter wut.

i HATE calling and letting them draw to he flush for free.

push here and expect to get called by WAY more then just a flush.

Edit: no reads at 25nl= a pretty donkey type play imo

Mal_Pais
11-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm pushing the flop after the raise. As played, call down. He made a ridiculous turn bet. We're what, ~18% to pair the board on the river and he's giving us a great price.

the machine
11-21-2006, 01:43 AM
im either 3 betting the flop or im c/ring all in on turn. esp with his weak bet on the turn im def raising. id probably raise if i had nothing because his bet is so weak