PDA

View Full Version : ¨50$ NL - Two pair with AQ

mbman
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.25
Hero: $52.20
Button: $34.95
SB: $37.95
BB: $36.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.75, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $15</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $15 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $22.75

Fairly new at the table, so no really good reads, but villain had played tight the few hands I saw at least. How do you like my line? His turnbet feels really strong, doesn't it? AK?

AggJedi
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm pushing that turn all day long against an unknown. Just because he's played a few hands tight really doesn't mean anything at all.

mbman
11-21-2006, 06:18 AM
What hands that we beat do you put him on that he plays that way? Isn't AT-AJ scared? A4s doesn't really seem probable considering his position. Split with AQ is certainly possible though...

Tjorriemorrie
11-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Why did he call instead of raise on the flop if he was going to bet that strong on the turn? i'm putting him on AQ.

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Meh, I think you can let this one go. Also, I pretty often just call the flop bet.

matv
11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
get it in. this line isn't out of the question for A4s, AJ-AT. He well could have AK but I'm taking my chances.

lacrymosa
11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
why did you raise teh flop and fold to a less than PSB when you improved on the turn? I call thsi all day long

Sir Winalot
11-21-2006, 08:41 AM
OP, I would also raise the flop bigger, to ~14.

matv and lacrymosa, on what range do you put him on? By calling we're pretty much commited to call anything he bets on the river. I think the the best-case-scenario is KQ/images/graemlins/club.gif or sth like JT/images/graemlins/club.gif/QJ/images/graemlins/club.gif, but I'd say we're usually behind to AA-QQ/AK and splitting with AQ on the rare ocation.

kazana
11-21-2006, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OP, I would also raise the flop bigger, to ~14.

matv and lacrymosa, on what range do you put him on? By calling we're pretty much commited to call anything he bets on the river. I think the the best-case-scenario is KQ/images/graemlins/club.gif or sth like JT/images/graemlins/club.gif/QJ/images/graemlins/club.gif, but I'd say we're usually behind to AA-QQ/AK and splitting with AQ on the rare ocation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with Sir Winalot on this one.

Although, what causes some concern is that villain only called the flop raise. I'd expect a set to 3bai on this drawy flop, the same goes for AK. Furthermore, I believe that a tight QQ would c/f this flop.

I can't really find any tight range hands that make sense to play like that other than KQ/images/graemlins/club.gif or AQ, but then again, villains only rarely make sense at these limits.

Feel Ivey
11-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Good fold.
Most likely hands for Villain : AA/KK/AK/AQ
At best it's a tie for the pot.

mbman
11-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Meh..tough hand...I actually think AQ is quite likely for villain when I think about it. AQ calls the raise and is happy to improve on the turn and tries to get it in. With AK, wouldn't villain raise the flop or try to CR AI on the turn? With some kind of FD, I don't think villain would bet turn, that is very rare according to my experience. QQ I think he would fold to my flop raise.

Thrahl
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Why raise the flop? Villain rarely is on a draw here. Im looking for a cheap chowdown with TPGK.

lacrymosa
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why raise the flop? Villain rarely is on a draw here. Im looking for a cheap showdown with TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sir WinAlot, this quote is what I was getting at. I'd call the flop, and try and get as little money in as I can. As played, folding the turn is debatable imo, but I think we want to keep the pot as small as possible.