PDA

View Full Version : Playing aggressively with TPTK

wallywojo
11-20-2006, 01:26 PM
READS:
My table image is that I am on the looser side and raising preflop 99/100, never limping. No one has played back at me yet.
Villain is 30/10/.5 here.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.90
UTG+1: $29.05
CO: $22.90
Button: $22.30
SB: $28.40
Hero: $24.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls.

I am thinking why are they minraising here? I see a lot of people making this play with a flush draw, trying to build a pot. I call.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11</font>, SB calls.

Ok, then min raised the flop, now lead pot on the turn. Is this screaming with their .5 aggression factor they beat TP? Now they seem to have further defined their hand. not a flush draw. I know I shouldn't have minraised here, do you like a call?

River: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($27.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $14.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $11</font>.
Uncalled bets: $3.9 returned to SB.

What I thought they could have had also, KQ, now beats me as well.
At this point, heart draw did not appear, OE straight draw on flop got there on turn. KQ now has 2 pair. Also, seems like they could also have AK and KJ is possible with the way people play at this level.

Results:
Final pot: $49.5

Seems like I continue to encounter overplaying TP since my big PPs are not getting paid off eventhough I am playing a 26-20/22-16 game preflop. I would like to hear how some of you handle the patience factor? Is multi-tabling how you keep from overfocussing on this type of individual dissapointment? I went down to 2 tables to focus further on hand reads, but it seems that now in return I am overplaying hands due to them not being encountered as often. Any comments appreciated.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
commentary tl;dr. Push or fold turn. I would fold.

gimmetheloot
11-20-2006, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
commentary tl;dr. Push or fold turn. I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
???Whaa??

Call turn, eval river. If he shoves I would fold. Also, 3 bet flop, and dont ever minraise without a damn good reason, which I can see you didnt have in this hand.

O, yeah, reraise to 2 or 2.5 pf, i missed that.

Acein8ter
11-20-2006, 01:43 PM
I think you should raise a minimum of 3xBB PF w/AK. You don't want to get a bunch of half assed hands calling and you don't want to go up against 3-4 other callers w/AK.

When you c-bet your tptk, you should always be wary of any re-raise. (Depending upon the person and your reads)

When you re-raised and there are no made str8's, flushes on the board, the next thing you should think about is a set. He could have 44 or 77.