PDA

View Full Version : Top 2, deep, limped pot, getting raised on river...

Vammakala
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Button ($49.85)
Hero ($134.25)
BB ($73.50)
UTG ($27.45)
MP ($12.60)
CO ($30.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2, UTG folds, CO calls $2, Button folds.

Turn: ($8.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $6.

River: ($20.50) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $65</font>, Hero ???

I have fairly TAGgy image on the table. The villain is 14/5.3/1.2 over 150 hands (went to sd 34,won at sd 55). The initial river bet was meant to be a blocking bet and a valuebet. Notice that we're both quite deep and the push is for over 100 BB more. Is this a standard call or laydown. I felt very confused on the river.

What do you think?

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Wow, I don't really like your turn play. I would either lead for ~7 or c/r to 22-26. As played on turn I would probably c/c river. As played, I fold.

Vammakala
11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Myea I guess, the guy was so nitty, I wasn't too aware of where i stood and since i got to close the action with a call, i thought i could keep the pot manageable. That's also why I blockered the river. Figuring he'd be afraid of something so he couldn't raise but - was wrong.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Figuring he'd be afraid of something so he couldn't raise but...

[/ QUOTE ]
Famous last words /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gimmetheloot
11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Vam, turn play is god awful ugly.

I would lead for 8 and fire pot on the river too.

I dont know what odds you are getting, but you are going to be shown JT or KTdd here sooooo often. What clubs do you think he has?

Maybe Q9dd also alot....but I think you should call here alot. What happened?

limit refugee
11-20-2006, 02:00 PM
I am potting the turn, hate to see that checked around,

I think I would grumpily fold the river as played...his numbers don't make him seem like the type that would push into a flush board without a solid hand. Calling 50 to win 90 seems thin.

gimmetheloot
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
for those saying fold, what do you put him on?

FWIW Hero played his hand exactly like busted diamonds making a desperation bluff.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW Hero played his hand exactly like busted diamonds making a desperation bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
66 or 44. Maybe thats just waaaaaay to tight, but hero has been TAG and so is the villain. I don't think he'll pull this with air. I never said that villain would have the club-flush, but I don't think he want's to push his rather deepish stack in with air or a weak hand on this board. Or maybe I just give him too much credit.

ChipStorm
11-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Hate the turn

River, you blocked, he raised, so your action is clear: fold. If you're not sure whether you should have folded it, then you should have made it bigger to start with, maybe 2/3-3/4 pot.

Q for you OP/other 6maxers: preflop is OK here, with 3 limpers? Anyone raising here sometimes? Folding it?

Frosteater
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Q for you OP/other 6maxers: preflop is OK here, with 3 limpers? Anyone raising here sometimes? Folding it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't hesitate to fold. Especially in SB.
On the other hand, I'm not exactly a winning player.

gimmetheloot
11-20-2006, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
66 or 44. Maybe thats just waaaaaay to tight, but hero has been TAG and so is the villain. I don't think he'll pull this with air. I never said that villain would have the club-flush, but I don't think he want's to push his rather deepish stack in with air or a weak hand on this board. Or maybe I just give him too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 or 44 smoothcalling that flop with that many ppl left to act is SUICIDE. Im not saying tards dont do it, but....I call, and if hero lsoes to 66/44, Im making a note and realizing they are 100% donkified.

deception5
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't hesitate to fold. Especially in SB.
On the other hand, I'm not exactly a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never fold this in the SB, but raising is a solid option, especially if you have not been raising a lot. I probably call 66% of the time and raise 33% of the time.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

66 or 44 smoothcalling that flop with that many ppl left to act is SUICIDE. Im not saying tards dont do it, but....I call, and if hero lsoes to 66/44, Im making a note and realizing they are 100% donkified.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but these guys aren't too smart, are they? I guess TJ is there too, but I'm not really sure if he plays turn like that with JT, maybe with some flush draw. I'm not too sure he plays Q9s that way either. Meh, stupid fish. Maybe this is a call after all, dunno. I guess a read on how often he makes bluffs would have done wonders here. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif But in the heat of the moment at the table I probably would have folded, and felt good about it.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-20-2006, 03:09 PM
also why would he shove a hand that beats you this deep? this is a pretty big overbet and it makes it a lot harder for him to get paid off.

combine that with the fact that you played this hand so goofy i think you might have to call here. i could see bluffs or weaker made hands playing this way thinking it best to shove since you can't call

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also why would he shove a hand that beats you this deep? this is a pretty big overbet and it makes it a lot harder for him to get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't a potsized raise something like 57, no? Or am I just missing something? I agree that it's a biggish bet but maybe I just consider an overbet being something that it isn't.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-20-2006, 03:23 PM
a pot size raise is to 56 so it's not much of an overbet, but it is a huge raise compared to our bet. i just feel like a set would raise to 30-40 to try and get paid off, but he could be the type to shove here trying to make it look like a bluff or whatever to get called.

wingchunflush
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Please lead the turn, the check looks so suspect imo.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-20-2006, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please lead the turn, the check looks so suspect imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't matter how suspect it looks, since

1) it can also look like a draw that didn't want to bet the turn again

2) everyone falls for the bet flop/checkraise turn line

Vammakala
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
First off, EVERYONE slowplays sets. Second, he was quite passive postflop as the aggression shows, I wouldn't think he'd push over 100 BB more with anything less than a set, maybe he made a straight or is pushing the backdoored flush. I do agree that CRing or leading the turn would've been more than reasonable here, the player was quite tight and I had a bad vibe off him.

Looking at it now, I think the most reasonable holding for him, would in fact be a backdoored flush he was semi-bluffing on the turn (or that god damn set).

In the actual hand, I folded river.