PDA

View Full Version : 25NL 6m - my full house gets reraised on the river

homeslice
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I know I should have either folded or reraised preflop. I don't have stats on he villian, but he's not good. He's raised pf the last 5 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($7.85)
Hero ($43.15)
Button ($14.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.10) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($1.10) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

He's not too aggressive postflop, that's why I called his turn bet, I figured I could push him off the hand at the river.

River: ($1.60) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7.5</font>, Hero ???

I was pumped to see that river card, or so I thought. His reraise on the river caught me off guard to say the least.

Hattifnatt
11-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Folding preflop is definitley out of the question and I dont like a 3-bet either, calling is standard.

I prefer a lead on the river. As played its looks like a push. He have to be VERY passive postflop if I should just call his river 3-bet and I probably push anyway, folding is of course not an option.

He started the hand with about 60bbs, losing that in a raised 3-handed pot with a full house on a 1-paired board is no shame whatsoever.

nyc999
11-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Don't be afraid of set over set, especially for $6 more.

Push the river. You'll see a T or 2-pair most of the time.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I would usually rr preflop but calling is ok too. Folding sucks big time. Turn is OKish, shove river.

[ QUOTE ]
He's not too aggressive postflop, that's why I called his turn bet, I figured I could push him off the hand at the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I don't really know about this line. IMO a big c/r right here will have more FE, even more when the board just paired.

Edit. Whoopsie, I missed something. I would lead river for a psb all day.

EscapePlan9
11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's not very aggressive post-flop and bets the turn... what does that tell you?

homeslice
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's not very aggressive post-flop and bets the turn... what does that tell you?

[/ QUOTE ]

But look at the size of the bet.

gimmetheloot
11-20-2006, 01:58 PM
OP, play is fine until river.

B/3b river. As played, shove.

limit refugee
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
He was scared to lose you with a real bet on the turn...he has a ten...push.

kabouter
11-20-2006, 05:37 PM
What are you afraid of? He must be really slowplaying a monster, but I think he has 10 trips, the small bet doesn't say anything. There are still a lot of donks who bet small, the raise preflop, could be AA as well it doesn't show weakness, as does the turn bet. I wouldn't underestimate it, but you most likely got him beat here.
Ohw and preflop is fine.

If he really does have TT or TJ, then he has been really slowplaying his hand. Kudos to him /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wingchunflush
11-20-2006, 05:41 PM
the c/r does have more fe I agree, but I probably play it the same way. I lead the river with a psb

michaelantoi
11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
reraise pf.

you said he's raised pf the last 5 hands, so why not reraise?

c-bet the flop.

lead the river.

Fazz86
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Calling PF is fine

Flop and river are iffy

But i would lead the river with a PSB and then push his RR