PDA

View Full Version : ladies facing aggression

lacrymosa
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
villain was TAG 21/4. any comments, please.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $6.05
UTG+1: $6.75
CO: $2.55
Button: $19.10
SB: $6.35
Hero: $10.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.9, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.8</font>, Hero calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.7, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $2.55</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $12.8

Hattifnatt
11-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Raise some more preflop. As played, push turn.

essence86
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
I would have raised him all-in on the flop.
If he has a set, he has a set.

Sir Winalot
11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lacrymosa
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he did have a set. I posted this because the last 8 times I've had QQ, KK, and I am not sure if I am overplaying these hands, or if Stars has the doomswitch on me /images/graemlins/frown.gif Can I put these in the variance files?

Hattifnatt
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he did have a set. I posted this because the last 8 times I've had QQ, KK, and I am not sure if I am overplaying these hands, or if Stars has the doomswitch on me /images/graemlins/frown.gif Can I put these in the variance files?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably variance.. Or Doomswitch. Email them and ask to put the Boomswitch on.

kabouter
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Looking at his stats, he probably isn't making a bluff on the turn. I'd say you are beat there. If there is a place to take him down, then it would be at the flop, if he has a set then ok. I would like a $3 raise there.

ChipStorm
11-20-2006, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What you are doing is underplaying your hand preflop. Cut their implied odds to play for the set by raising 4BB+1BB/limper, which in this case would get you to $0.60. You make villain's call preflop to play for his set much, much less profitable by raising the bar this way.

I would have b3bai on flop as well.

dedmoney
11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
21/4 is tag? is that 4 pfr or af?

I've gotten very gunshy with pushing tptk or an overpair, I've found that my teeth are getting repeatedly getting kicked in. I don't like that.

I honestly would have probably dropped the reraise on the flop and definately bailed on the turn bet when the board doubled.

Grunch
11-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Raise more preflop.
Postflop, stacks are too short to fold the flop for fear of being against a set. Therefore, push.