PDA

View Full Version : redCashion vid 1 - shortstack hell

redCashion
11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey guys, I've enjoyed watching other people's vids and thought I would try one of my own. This is a 35 minute video of me 4tabling on PS at 50NL. The title comes from several run-ins I had with shortstacks..

Let me know what you think!

http://www1.xpertsports.com/vid/nov18.html

Hail Eris
11-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh, that's who that is. I think I had KK>QQ with you on like 2 tables the other day. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Ha, bastard. Actually in the previous video I had done, I had one QQ hand where I referenced my recent bad run with QQ vs lots of preflop aggression and that I might start playing them alot closer to how I play JJ than KK.

deaders
11-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Watching this now.

I dont like the turn bet with KJ in the middle of a 3 way pot after you checked the flop, you will get called (or raised) by too many hands there.

the_muppeteer
11-19-2006, 09:27 PM
watched the 5 first mins, looks promising, but I'm to tired. Downloading it and will watch it tomorrow /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I hate these type of sessions....very very frustrating

thac
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Ahhh! That's who that is. I thought it was a big donator when I first sat :P

Watching it now, thanks!

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watching this now.

I dont like the turn bet with KJ in the middle of a 3 way pot after you checked the flop, you will get called (or raised) by too many hands there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree deaders, that was a mistake. I started to say something about position there, and that if I had been on the button and it had been checked around twice, and I bet, that I would take it down 99% of the time. Because I was out of position, I should have checked.

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Watching it now, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, you are at one of the tables and thought I was a donator?

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Do you realize you folded a flopped straight??

deaders
11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Im definitely not folding the flop with TPTK in the A9 hand, at least see the turn. This might be a bit spewy if you do have a read that hes the type of player to min reraise with ONLY big PPs but its a blind steal situation and Im not crediting him with that narrow of a range.

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Also, do you think you're ready for NL100??????

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize you folded a flopped straight??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was flopped, it was turned. But there was a flush on the board, if we are thinking of the same hand. I didn't notice it at the time, but folded for the flush. Also, on that hand I was distracted by another table and so admittedly missed the straight.

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you think you're ready for NL100??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why not? I play alot and am studying the game. I've never said I'm a perfect player, but I think I'm good and improving.

deaders
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM
The KQo hand is pretty ugly - I dont like the call preflop even on the button. On that board what are you thinking with the raise? Hes a loose player and wont fold any PP with that flop (zeebos fh thing), and you arent representing a bigger pp by just calling preflop.

edit: I dont want to be negging up this thread, Im just commenting on hands as they come up. Hope you dont mind.

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 09:46 PM
You checked 910 on a flop of 8JQ....is that a good hand???

Don't feel bad, yesterday I double barreled against a flush fish and I ended up rivering a runner runner straight and I didn't even fire the river (that made me mad b/c he turned top pair)

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You checked 910 on a flop of 8JQ....is that a good hand???

Don't feel bad, yesterday I double barreled against a flush fish and I ended up rivering a runner runner straight and I didn't even fire the river (that made me mad b/c he turned top pair)

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously missed that, what minute was it at?

And again I don't think misplaying a hand or two forces you to stay in NL50 purgatory. Once my bankroll is ready, I'll move back up. I also mentioned a few times how tired I was yesterday from playing Omaha all night the previous night.

redCashion
11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The KQo hand is pretty ugly - I dont like the call preflop even on the button. On that board what are you thinking with the raise? Hes a loose player and wont fold any PP with that flop (zeebos fh thing), and you arent representing a bigger pp by just calling preflop.

edit: I dont want to be negging up this thread, Im just commenting on hands as they come up. Hope you dont mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the hand, what minute mark was it at? I have been 3betting alot lighter than normal lately, and I may be doing it too much. I have actually been playing more ABC today after reviewing how many failed 3bet light hands I had yesterday.

But feel free to comment on the hands.

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
It was around 19:30....you were preoccupied with the top left table.

I really didn't like the Q10 suited UTG, but maybe I'm a nit....my whole motto is play tight tight tight OOP and steal em blind from CO/Button

deaders
11-19-2006, 10:00 PM
about 3/4 of the way through I think. Someone to your right raised and you cold called on the button with KQo. The flop came 555 and he led for a psb, $4, which you raised to $12.

redCashion
11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Ya, that was maybe more of a feel play than good ABC poker. I think a reasonable player has to have TT or higher to call, of course he had A high and I got lucky to pair my Q and then my K. But it was probably better suited against a tigher player.

the machine
11-19-2006, 10:10 PM
raise that A7 OTB about 1:20 in table vibilia 4

with j2 i wanna play for my whole stack with trip 2s at this level

lead out with 910 flopped straight.... ZOMG you folded, you flopped a straight WTF n00b

call with 99 on q 3 3 7 board

you folded a straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!111 holy jeezum

raise A8 OTB 23:40

he wasnt thinking anything. they dont think

Raise OOP more. gotta mix it up. i like throwing in connectors just so its not too obvious

bet 4$ with the j3 on the flop protect against diamonds

redCashion
11-19-2006, 10:14 PM
"Raise OOP more. gotta mix it up. i like throwing in connectors just so its not too obvious"

I don't see why I should raise OOP any more than I was on this video. I was 3betting from the blinds pretty liberally as well as raising UTG with less than premium hands. Get lambasted from one guy for not raising enough, and by another for raising too much with hands like QTs. Can't please you people. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

the machine
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
its tough to see what youre seeing too. like we dont know everyones stats. what HUD are you using

utg raise i only remember a KQ and Q10s

id actually rather raise 87o UTG hte q10s

redCashion
11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
For some reason HUD doesn't show up on the video, though I'm seeing it.

Btw, just looked at the flopped straight hand, I think I need to talk less and concentrate on the play more next time. I was just too busy talking about the top tables and got distracted. Would less talk be better generally or is it good to hear the thought processes (or lack thereof)?

the machine
11-19-2006, 10:25 PM
no its good to hear to get an idea what you are thinking

Jigsaws
11-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Heh heh. The guy you characterized as overaggressive was the guy that I stacked on his second hand with QQ > 99.

redCashion
11-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Ah, didn't realize who you meant, but just figured it out. Too bad I didn't get any big hands against him.

Jigsaws
11-19-2006, 10:59 PM
The check-raise of the $1 bet... NO. It just means he's scared of the flush, but that's all.

I would've double barreled the KQ64 board. That's 77-JJ a lot. Double barrels are ridiculously effective for me.

I would've called the flop with A9 and see whether he bets again. Minreraises are often big hands, but also often trash trying to "resteal" if you've been aggressive.

ZOMG you flopped a straight dude.

I double barrel the KQs hand as well.

thac
11-20-2006, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Watching it now, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, you are at one of the tables and thought I was a donator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, over a small sample I had you losing 3 buyins, I think in 160 hands. I was all excited :P

Good video, but I love how you thought you had an oesd and missed on a QJ8 board with T9. You like instamucked. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hail Eris
11-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Some suspect hands, I think.

The A9o hand where you open from the BTN, and BB min-rr you. People do this all the time with all kinds of crap for all kinds of reasons. I'm at least calling flop here.

Another hand you have 99 in the BB and BTN makes a 3bb raise after one limper. Flop comes Qxx, checked through, then you c/f a blank on the turn. I usually call here and block some rivers.

Then you flop the nut straight, misread your hand and give away the pot. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Delayed cbet with KJo on AT99 board was pretty bad. Drawy board and you're repping nothing.

Bluff C/R with the Ah6h wasn't so hot either. You can probably move him off the hand there if you make a real C/R and follow through with a large river bet, but you gave him like 3:1 on a call and c/f a good river scare card, so it was really pointless.

The KsQs hand, I fire a second barrel and have odds if he shoves.

QsTs UTG very marginal. I'd much rather raise something like 7s9s here. That flop is so ragged I'm betting like $5, and again shortie has no FE to shove even if he thinks you're FOS.

A few times you open-muck Ax on the BTN. You also fold JTo on the BTN after like 3 limpers, which is pretty bad imo.

I also think you lose a ton of value if you always 3bet hands like 99 and TT against a PFR who has a loose raising range and a tight 3bet-calling range. If he calls your 3bet, your cbet on the flop basically turns your hand into a bluff.

jonyy6788
11-20-2006, 12:52 AM
red: just wanted to add that you can make fun of me when I make my first video next month after classes are done.

Also wondering what software you used to record/compress?

SilverSupraT
11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
the vid was cool. it's always interesting to me to watch others play (don't know why, it's not like it really exciting heh).

I'm just starting the vid but I was a little disappointed not to see myself in there as I'm playing NL50 on PS also. Maybe next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks for the vid!

redCashion
11-20-2006, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Watching it now, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, over a small sample I had you losing 3 buyins, I think in 160 hands. I was all excited :P

Good video, but I love how you thought you had an oesd and missed on a QJ8 board with T9. You like instamucked. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a winning player, not as much as I'd like but 3BB/100 for the last 30k hands at this level. I'm not sure what hands I lost in your sample, so dunno.

Btw, does EVERYONE have to mention the mistake on the flopped straight? Jesus.

redCashion
11-20-2006, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the vid was cool. it's always interesting to me to watch others play (don't know why, it's not like it really exciting heh).

I'm just starting the vid but I was a little disappointed not to see myself in there as I'm playing NL50 on PS also. Maybe next time /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks for the vid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Silver, interesting hand we jsut played /images/graemlins/smile.gif For the software I used, it is Camtasia. Pretty easy to use..

redCashion
11-20-2006, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some suspect hands, I think.

The A9o hand where you open from the BTN, and BB min-rr you. People do this all the time with all kinds of crap for all kinds of reasons. I'm at least calling flop here.

Another hand you have 99 in the BB and BTN makes a 3bb raise after one limper. Flop comes Qxx, checked through, then you c/f a blank on the turn. I usually call here and block some rivers.

Then you flop the nut straight, misread your hand and give away the pot. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Delayed cbet with KJo on AT99 board was pretty bad. Drawy board and you're repping nothing.

Bluff C/R with the Ah6h wasn't so hot either. You can probably move him off the hand there if you make a real C/R and follow through with a large river bet, but you gave him like 3:1 on a call and c/f a good river scare card, so it was really pointless.

The KsQs hand, I fire a second barrel and have odds if he shoves.

QsTs UTG very marginal. I'd much rather raise something like 7s9s here. That flop is so ragged I'm betting like $5, and again shortie has no FE to shove even if he thinks you're FOS.

A few times you open-muck Ax on the BTN. You also fold JTo on the BTN after like 3 limpers, which is pretty bad imo.

I also think you lose a ton of value if you always 3bet hands like 99 and TT against a PFR who has a loose raising range and a tight 3bet-calling range. If he calls your 3bet, your cbet on the flop basically turns your hand into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great comments Eris, thanks.

SilverSupraT
11-20-2006, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey Silver, interesting hand we jsut played /images/graemlins/smile.gif For the software I used, it is Camtasia. Pretty easy to use..

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! yeah I felt like such a donk that hand. my retarded playing was mostly because I couldn't figure out what you had (now I know why I couldn't :P).

I'll cya aroudn on Stars, GL man.

kabouter
11-20-2006, 05:09 AM
I was wondering why I never see huds in these videos lately, but they are just not being recorded it seems /images/graemlins/smile.gif You do seem to overrate your KJ's Personally I'm not that big a fan of these hands, they look nice, but don't seem to work that often. Unless they are suited offcourse.

lacrymosa
11-20-2006, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate these type of sessions....very very frustrating

[/ QUOTE ]

mvdgaag
03-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Saw the first 5 or 10 minutes or so. What are your stats on these sessions? I think you're way too loose with the KXs calls and QJ raises and give your opponents to little respect. I think tightening up some more might make you win a bit less but loose a whole lot less. But thats just me. Thanks for posting!

Triggerle
03-07-2007, 01:19 PM
There's a checkbox somewhere deep in the camtasia preferences called "record layered windows" or something like that. Checking that will result in your HUD being recorded.

iFEARrewket!
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
dont usualy do this but..
All i have to say is weak tight :\ most of the time shortstacks have nothing. a pair si the nuts against them. they even push on draws
and everytime you showed weakness, someone stole pots away from you and you let them..
start reraising with air

Stiffberger
10-11-2007, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www1.xpertsports.com/vid/nov18.html

[/ QUOTE ]
Link's broken. Any mirrors?

john voight
10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
stop bumping all these old video threads. no one knows the answers you seek.

Tuff Enuff
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
You could try here.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=2#Post11730684 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11730684&an=0&page=2#Pos t11730684)