PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: between protection and pot control.

Jigsaws
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
BB is a random donkey. I'm ahead of his range after the flop call still.

I don't know Button, but haven't seen him do anything stupid so far, so I assume he's somewhat decent.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

BB ($106.10)
UTG ($26.40)
Hero ($57.45)
Button ($49.50)
SB ($32.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, BB calls $5.

Turn: ($21.25) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets or checks?

kaz2107
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
looks like a check to me. 3 handed KJ cant be that far ahead here. the pot is already WAY to big for my liking thus i think i check and call a reasonable bet by button.

Hail Eris
11-19-2006, 07:23 PM
I think I was button with 4s5s in this hand. I bluffed the flush card on the river and you both folded. BB was pretty awful IIRC, so I would always bet here.

Jigsaws
11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes, BB was pretty damn awful. But I was kinda worried about you. I might have called the river if it was HU, but I didn't think you'd try to bluff the donk, so I folded.

michaelantoi
11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
KJ seems like you have the best of it by the turn.

Few possible draws out, and BB has checked to you.

Why not 2/3PSB?

Hail Eris
11-19-2006, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, BB was pretty damn awful. But I was kinda worried about you. I might have called the river if it was HU, but I didn't think you'd try to bluff the donk, so I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

A TAG's range for calling a cbet on that flop after calling your CO open from the BTN is really wide. It's a great flop for floating. I think the chance that BB, who's a huge donk, has some kind of weak made hand/draw that you can get value from on the turn far outweighs the chance that I have 22, 33, 99, or KQ, which are about the only hands I could have there that you'd be worried about.

pdoran10
11-20-2006, 12:37 AM
i think a bigger king (the button) raises you on the flop with a 4 flush out there if he had one.

You figure to have the best hand here. bet 3/4 pot it.
I dont know many players who flat call a decent pair, or even set here with the kind of board from the button...

Button raises you on this flop if you are beat!!!

Jigsaws
11-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Uhm, que? If I decided to flat-call KQ or AK I'm never ever raising this flop vs. a TAG.

pdoran10
11-20-2006, 02:11 AM
why not? ur protecting ur hand on the button against the donkey in the blinds who the table likely knows will come along with draws you dont want in there.

Also you want to know where ur at against a TAG. You dont stand to win much more from a TAG by flat calling when ur way ahead because he is going to be very hesitant to pay off any more bets...

Just my thoughts anyways...

orange
11-20-2006, 03:28 AM
I would check the turn 3-way. I also check this when HU often. AK is a bet, but KJ is a bit closer.

Everlong
11-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Grunch:

I check here for control. Allows for an easier river decision. This also allows worse hands to take a stab later.
I am not very fond of bloating here even if it means letting some QJ type of draw getting there.

eigenvalue
11-20-2006, 04:40 AM
An awkward spot on the turn. I found myself repeatedly in similar situations in pots with 3 players and a draw heavy board.

Therefore, I now raise the flop more, overbetting the pot sometimes by 200% or more. This depends a little bit on my opponents and the recent history of the play at that table. Here, I would bet $10 to $12 on the flop. My experience is, that this chases away all kinds of draws. If it is called, I would assume I'm behind (maybe vs AK or AQ). But it defines my hand on the flop and makes it more difficult for chasers or bluffers to stay in.