PDA

View Full Version : QQ overpair on scary board $25nl

robinmbuk
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
$0.12/$0.25 Blinds No Limit Hold'em

<font color="blue">Villian is fairly TAG pf. He will call down after the flop with
bad hands (like mpwk). I don't think he respects my bets much, and I think
he is capable of bluffing when some one shows weakness, but I don't yet have 100% proof
of this.</font>

Total number of players : 9
Villian - SB ( $45.33 )
Robin - UTG ( $22.21 )

Villian posts small blind [$0.12].
BB posts big blind [$0.25].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Robin [ Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Robin raises [$1].
2 folds.
MP calls [$1].
3 folds.
Villian calls [$0.88].
BB folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 10/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Villian checks.
Robin bets [$2.75].
MP folds.
Villian calls [$2.75].
<font color="blue">I feel villian could easilt be calling here with a hand like QT, JT, KT, AT.
He could also be on some kind of straight draw, or he could have a small pp and think I've missed
the flop. He would probably also check call with the flopped straight, 2 pair (like 76) or
a set</font>
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Villian checks.
Robin checks.
<font color="blue">The turn is just too scary so I check. Should I have bet out here and folded
to a raise, or assume I am beat if called?</font>
** Dealing River ** [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Villian bets [$5.95].
<font color="blue">After I checked the turn villian may bet here with hands I beat (top pair, small pp)
or even a bluff, but this is a large bet. Is this a fold?</font>
Robin ?.

the machine
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
just call river. given your reads he could just have top pair no kicker which explains the turn check and river bet. id call here. and id probably bet the turn and shut down if called

sightless
11-19-2006, 04:06 PM
call river, by checking that turn u show weakness and he is betting a lot of hands which u beat here

nyc999
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Call river. To villain, you played it like a missed flop/failed c-bet. You're ahead enough to make this a profitable play in the long run.

wingchunflush
11-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I dont mind the check on the turn, call river