PDA

View Full Version : Trips on the flop but a re-raise on river - fold or call?

hammerva
11-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $93.95
UTG+1: $48.75
MP1: $13.15
MP2: $49.15
CO: $22.75
Button: $50.80
SB: $51.35
hammerva: $20.40

Pre-flop: (8 players) hammerva is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, hammerva checks.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, hammerva checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.5</font>, Button calls, SB calls, hammerva calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, hammerva checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $4</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">hammerva raises to $9</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($22, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hammerva bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hammerva ?? </font>

There is probably a lot of things wrong I did on this play. The call on the flop was me slowplaying trying to get the most on the flop. Also not sure if the bet on the river was wise since I raise on the turn and was called rather quickly.

Is there is a place on this hand where I should have folded?

ImprovinNewbie
11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
i think you fooled him.... i mean you are ahead of so many hands i can think of but seriously what hands are playing like this? just pkt 3's, the case 6 and a pkt pr higher than 6's who thinks you're bluffing. the flop is ok. the turn is scary with him caling a pretty big C-raise. on the river i might check and call although this turned out pretty good b/c you didnt have to think about calling a pot size bet. this small bet worked as some pot control. call it.

wingchunflush
11-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I perfer to bet out on the flop. If it folds down, it folds down and then you dont have any tough decisions later. I think ace 6 is the most likely hand. If your going to bet the river if needs to be larger since you went for the check raise on the turn, the 1/5 of the pot looks weak to me.

Panthro
11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
button showed 34 right? Maybe A6?

I think you have to raise the flop here, or at least bet out close to the pot, as trips are NOT the nuts. Charge people to chase their draws(because they will chase), and even if they draw out on you, you'll still win in the long run.

MrBogs
11-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I would make the same bet as the button on the river if I held a 6 myself, maybe he was hoping you caught an ace on the river, thus trying to trap you hoping you made 2 pair. The hand ranges here can be wide as there was no raising preflop.
Would have c/r on the flop to see where i stood and maybe shut down any drawing hands.

Hail Eris
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Man this hand is such a mess. Just pot the flop; people will call with a ton of junk. Any pp, any 3, any 6, all kinds of draws, whiffed overs.

Lead the turn, too. I mean, one guy minbet the flop and got a bunch of calls. No one is showing any strength, so why are you trying to C/R turn here? As played, no clue what button has here. He might have 45, but he might have a flush draw or a weaker 6.

Your river lead is so weak, he could be raising a naked A for value here, because he rivered it drawing to the nut flush. Or a 6. Or 45 - no way to tell.

Also reload to a full stack.

hammerva
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Button had 33