PDA

View Full Version : n1nj4.br in the well

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Sunday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Sunday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Sunday, it’s your day in the well .

[/ QUOTE ]

Go ahead and ask anything that u want.

I'll be in the well today and tomorrow.

Sir Winalot
11-19-2006, 01:04 PM
A summary of your poker career? What do you think was the most important thing you learned when you were starting out? Coffee or tea? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also, fav poster on uNL? SSNL? 2+2?

jonyy6788
11-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Current stakes??

Stakes 6 months ago??

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A summary of your poker career? What do you think was the most important thing you learned when you were starting out? Coffee or tea? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also, fav poster on uNL? SSNL? 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

About one year ago, when i used to play warcraft3, i heard about some war3 pros that were becoming poker players (tillerman, elky). So i decided to try it out. I didnt even know all the rules but I deposited 50$ on partypoker using my father's cc. I lost it in about 10 min. I deposited 50$ again and lost it again in 10 min. So i decided to study a bit the game, and i met a very nice guy who taught me a lot of thinks. Then i received 125$ from a friend and started playing on party again. I played all kind of stuff, and was like OMG I WENT ALL IN BLUFF, IF HE CALL ME I WILL KILL MY SELF. But i survived. But i was never a true winner.

After playing on kind of stuff, and understanding the game a bit more, i started to play sngs, and become to make a little money. Then I would play cash games, lose or breakeven and go back to low stakes sngs. About 1-2months ago i decided that i knew enought to beat at least nl25.
Today im beating nl200.

The most important thing that i learned was somestuff that i never really payed atention and i didnt care about, like putting people on a hand range, focus on your plays, dont play tilted, play simple, play abc against unknows, stuff like that. After I started doing it, i started making money.

Coffee

My favorite posters are danbitel,orange and jamougha.

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Current stakes??

Stakes 6 months ago??

[/ QUOTE ]

currently nl200.
6months ago tilting on a nl25 game a 10$ sng.

Check_The_Nuts
11-19-2006, 01:37 PM
what stats do you use on PAHud? Which stats do you find the most helpful (guess a similar question)?

How would you characterize your playing style? How do you adjust to the regulars at 200NL?

What are the most common and biggest mistakes 25NLer's are making? (this is excluding playing more than 30% of hands, or PFR >20%).

What adjustments do you make to people who call your cutoff/button PFR too much, and play very loosely postflop (somewhat aggressive postflop, calling stations are easy)?

Which part of your poker game is your strongest? Which is your weakest?

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what stats do you use on PAHud? Which stats do you find the most helpful (guess a similar question)?

[/ QUOTE ]

cbet flop - cbet turn - call cbet
fold to flop bet - fold to turn bet - fold to river bet
went to showdown - won at showdown
vpip - pfr - af - #hands

The first and the last line are the most usefull imo.

[ QUOTE ]
How would you characterize your playing style? How do you adjust to the regulars at 200NL?

[/ QUOTE ]
I play pretty abc tag. I loosen up a bit when i see some tag players arround me. Im not playing 200nl for a long time, but i just try to pick nice spots to second barrel, float, and I started opened up my 3bet range a lot more against them, and it has been good.
[ QUOTE ]

What are the most common and biggest mistakes 25NLer's are making? (this is excluding playing more than 30% of hands, or PFR >20%).

[/ QUOTE ]
Bluff. Cbet multiway pots without a hand. Not value bet enought. Overthink somespots.

[ QUOTE ]
What adjustments do you make to people who call your cutoff/button PFR too much, and play very loosely postflop (somewhat aggressive postflop, calling stations are easy)?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he is too loose pf and agressive posflop, i tighten up a little my steals, cbet a little less but i dont play scary. If i think i'm good, i'll go to the felt with my hand against agressive players. Against calling stations, just cbet less and value bet more.
[ QUOTE ]

Which part of your poker game is your strongest? Which is your weakest?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have good hand reading and a good feeling, but i suck playing 3bet pf pots oop.

kazana
11-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Thanks for doing this!

[ QUOTE ]
Not value bet enought.

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard this a couple of times already. I'm not 100% sure I understand, though, since I also miss a few value spots every now and again - or at least it looks like I've missed them AFTER seeing villain's hand.

Could you show us one or two examples of where you would valuebet about 100% of the time, but micro players typically wouldn't?

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this!

[ QUOTE ]
Not value bet enought.

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard this a couple of times already. I'm not 100% sure I understand, though, since I also miss a few value spots every now and again - or at least it looks like I've missed them AFTER seeing villain's hand.

Could you show us one or two examples of where you would valuebet about 100% of the time, but micro players typically wouldn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, valuebets deppends specially who u are playing against.

U have to understand how your villian plays, or how do u think he plays based on the previous action.

There are those guys who calls a cbet with any piece of the board, but c/f turn if they dont have at least TP. There are those villians who will call u down with any kind of hand, even A high. Just try to imagine this: well, if he has X he will call me or raise and im beat, but if he has Y,H,Z,W,etc he will call my valuebet and i will win. Try to look for spots like that.

Classic example: very passive villian who will call u with anything, calls your KK pfr.

Flop comes AT9. He c/c your cbet (checking here is good too btw). Turn is 4, he checks u check behind. River is 6, he checks, a lot of people just check behind here because they think that villian can have an ace. Obviously he can have an ace, but he can have T,9, or anyother stuff that will call your valubet. So, u will be ahead more often than not.

I think u just have to imagine what villian hand range is, how often worse hands will call your valuebets against how often better hands he might have and will call u with. If the worse hands are more than the better hands, just bet.

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
im going to my gf's house, i'll be back tonight to answer the questions.

Avocado
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
How many hours do you play per day? Do you have a time limit or just play until get exhausted?

Do you think cash games are the best poker games to make money? Do you still play SNGs? (if not, why not?)

What do you think about the poker bots? Have you ever played agaisnt a (supposed) one?

Is there any kind of poker software (like PT, PAHud, etc.) that you would like to have, but just don't exist yet?

Would you ever quit the college to dedicate yourself exclusively to poker?

A sphere 5.5 centimetres in diameter is filled with 1cm diameter hemi-spheres. What is the theoretical maximum amount of spheres that can be crammed into the mega-sphere?

Thanks,
(vinicius)

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many hours do you play per day? Do you have a time limit or just play until get exhausted?

[/ QUOTE ]
I ussualy play something about 6 hours / day. But sometimes more, sometimes less. I dont play when i'm not feeling good or if im not at least 90% focused (aka not tilted or semitilted)).

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think cash games are the best poker games to make money? Do you still play SNGs? (if not, why not?)

[/ QUOTE ]
In the long run, for sure. And other than making money, it improves your game much more than sngs. I dont play sngs anymore because i can make much more money playing cash games. Sngs are a good option for beginners who want to build a roll.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about the poker bots? Have you ever played agaisnt a (supposed) one?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think pokerbots cant make money on nl games. And even if they could, i thikn im better than a computer.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any kind of poker software (like PT, PAHud, etc.) that you would like to have, but just don't exist yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you ever quit the college to dedicate yourself exclusively to poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
For sure. In brazil a dollar worth ~2.5x our currency, so winning dollars are very good. But i think study is very important, we never know if poker will last forever.

[ QUOTE ]
A sphere 5.5 centimetres in diameter is filled with 1cm diameter hemi-spheres. What is the theoretical maximum amount of spheres that can be crammed into the mega-sphere?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know what "hemi" means, but i guess 5
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
(vinicius)

[/ QUOTE ]

np =P

Dan Bitel
11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
how much of your recent winnings are you going to donate to me after my advice ive given you?

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how much of your recent winnings are you going to donate to me after my advice ive given you?

[/ QUOTE ]

My love worth's more than any ammount of money!!! /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Skyward
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
whats the main difference in play between shorthand and full ring on nl 50.
whats the range of hands u raise pf with position if no callers and with callers.
whats the range of hands u call pf with position if already a raise.

n1nj4.br
11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whats the main difference in play between shorthand and full ring on nl 50.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not the best one to answers this one, cause i never played fullring. But as far as i can tell, basic differences are: fullring u have to play a lot tighter than 6max. U have to identify the set minners and explore their leaks (aka: winning small pots against them and avoiding big pots without a very good hand). Other than that, playing 6max makes u improve your posflop game much faster than playing fullring.

[ QUOTE ]
whats the range of hands u raise pf with position if no callers and with callers.

[/ QUOTE ]
That deppends who the villians are. But ussualy any suited conectors (1gap 2gap), broadway hands, AXs, any pp etc. If theres no limp in front and tight blinds, I can raise a lot more hands and sometimes i play tighter (when there are very loose agressive blinds per example).

[ QUOTE ]
whats the range of hands u call pf with position if already a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
This always deppends on who is villian, what's his and your stack size etc. Per example, some villians are just passive, will raise and only cbet if they hit the board. Against this kind of villian, i will have a somehow big calling range pf in position (since even if i miss the flop, i will get it a lot of times when he check it to me). Against nits, i play mostly pp's for set value (making some moves now an then) and stuff like that. U just have to think how villian plays posflop and how confortable will u be playing him.

HitNRunPoster
11-20-2006, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, truth is it doesn't matter how much crap you try to shove in that sphere, it'll still be over 99% empty space.

Dan Bitel
11-20-2006, 08:13 AM
whats brazil like?

whats ure gf like?

what differences have you found between 50, 100 and 200?

AnjoRush
11-20-2006, 08:33 AM
hehe, legal ver um brazuca na parada /images/graemlins/smile.gif i'm brazilian too... what is your long term goal with poker? or something do you like to do with your money in semi-long terms, like 2007, 2008. Buy a house, business? :P

And what was your toughest moment in poker? Some dificult moment in life so doing bad in poker, or a tough move up, a biiiig downswing, etc

n1nj4.br
11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats brazil like?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, brazil is not a big jungle like a lot of people think. Its a very very very big country, with a lot of beautifull places. I like to live here.

[ QUOTE ]
whats ure gf like?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4052/imagem074zo5.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
what differences have you found between 50, 100 and 200?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nl50 is very izi to beat just playing abc, there isnt really good players or stuff like that. NL100 there are better players, but a lot of donks too. If u stay focused and try to avoid making big mistakes, u can make money. Nl200 is much harder. Today per example i sat down on a table with other 3 winners (datamining). There are some very very good players imo, but a lot of regulars have big leaks themselves. Other than that, there are big fishes as well. Per example:
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $200
UTG+1: $351.05
CO: $80
Button: $200
Hero: $241
BB: $313.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $13</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($56, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $40</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $120</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($296, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $108</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($512, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $512)

Results:
Final pot: $512
UTG+1 showed 4d Ah
Hero showed 2s 2c</font>

n1nj4.br
11-20-2006, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hehe, legal ver um brazuca na parada /images/graemlins/smile.gif i'm brazilian too... what is your long term goal with poker? or something do you like to do with your money in semi-long terms, like 2007, 2008. Buy a house, business? :P

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to make as much money as I can, and when i have enought i'll start a business and keep playing.

[ QUOTE ]
And what was your toughest moment in poker? Some dificult moment in life so doing bad in poker, or a tough move up, a biiiig downswing, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I had a lot of difficult moments. There was one time that party closed my account and got all my money in it (~1.5k). They had the reasons to do so, so i cant really complain. But i had like 500$ on ps, so i could still be playing. The funny thing is that i rebuilt by roll playing sngs on party using a friends name. There were some times that i thought that i would never become a really good player, or win a good amount of money. But the truth is that I was just playing wrong, wasnt really paying atention to what i was doing, and because of that, i sucked. I was said and talked with danbitel, and he said me something like "poker can be a very simple game if u want it to be. Just play abc, dont play tilted, post hands or talk to someone about them when u arent sure about the right play. Do that and u will make money". Thats gold.

DeathbySuckout
11-20-2006, 10:33 AM
You went from NL25 to NL200 in 2 months. Did you practice proper BR management and play Eleventy Two Million hands, take lots of shots and run good, or just gambooool?

Aprox how many hands have you put in at each level along the way?

What were your stats at NL25, what are they now at NL200.

How many tables do you play at once?

Thanks

n1nj4.br
11-20-2006, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You went from NL25 to NL200 in 2 months. Did you practice proper BR management and play Eleventy Two Million hands, take lots of shots and run good, or just gambooool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bankroll management is very important imo. If i didnt have a good br in sometimes over my poker carrer, i would be broke and wouldnt be where i am now. I didnt played a lot nl25, i just practice a little and jumped to nl50 (since my bankroll was good enought for it). I started running well, and after comfortable, i started playing nl100. I had a very good start, +6buyins or something like that. But the next day, i was very very said because i had a fight with my gf, and i played tilted and lost almost all my net of the previous day. I backed to nl50 and had a very good run, made +10 buyins and went to nl100 again. I played ~20k hands nl100 and did very very well, and jumped to nl200. At first i didnt play very well, but after some adjustments (opened up my 3bet range etc) I've played something like 10k hands and im doing pretty well. I always have at least 20buyins for the level I play. U dont have to play 100k hands to jump a level, but try to play at least 10k and only move on if u are feeling very confortable with your play.

[ QUOTE ]
Aprox how many hands have you put in at each level along the way?

[/ QUOTE ]
something like 5k nl25
20k nl 50
20k nl100

[ QUOTE ]
What were your stats at NL25, what are they now at NL200.

[/ QUOTE ]
My stats didnt really changed. What changed was my 3bet pf range, my agression pos flop, hand reading etc. I always play something like 19/15, but i loosen up deppending on the table.

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you play at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
np

munkey
11-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi ninja.br

Why your 2+2 name ninja.br?

[ QUOTE ]

My stats didnt really changed. What changed was my 3bet pf range, my agression pos flop, hand reading etc. I always play something like 19/15, but i loosen up deppending on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz elaborate, what changes did you mke to your PostFlop aggr, what did you learn about hand reading?
Do you always allocate ranges to villans?

What's that thing making the3some in that pic of your gf and yourself? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tks ninja (can't type it the way you do it's too damn complicated LOL)

n1nj4.br
11-20-2006, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi ninja.br

Why your 2+2 name ninja.br?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello. When i played warcraft I used the "ninja" nick name. Br = brazil.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz elaborate, what changes did you mke to your PostFlop aggr, what did you learn about hand reading?
Do you always allocate ranges to villans?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmn, when i started to get more experience, i started to realize how to addapt to villians leaks. Most of theese leaks I know just by looking into their PAHUD stats, and based on that, i plan my posflop plays. Against the right players, i play all kind of draws really agressive, against other ones, i play very passivile. U start to realize where a slowplay might be better than fastplay, and stuff like that. Try to pick spots where check behind is better than cbet, make some bluf moves now and than (to balance with your big hands moves) and etc. That's how my postflop game changed.

Handreading is a very very important skill, and i always try to put villian on a hand range. In the past, i didnt really care about this, but as soon I started doing it, i realized how my game improved. Sometimes i just think to myself stuff like "im pretty sure that he has medium pair and a bad kicker, but he is a calling station and wont fold to my bluff". I check and see that i was right. There's only one way to improve hand reading: practice.
[ QUOTE ]
What's that thing making the3some in that pic of your gf and yourself? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Its just a mac donalds toy.

[ QUOTE ]
tks ninja (can't type it the way you do it's too damn complicated LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

haha np =P

ama0330
11-21-2006, 05:29 AM
bump

lifetime stats/graphs?