PDA

View Full Version : Take these shackles off my feet

Insp. Clue!So?
11-18-2006, 10:07 PM
And replace them with, uh, more feet?

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/scientist-regrow-chicken-wing-12031.html

It's my contention that the US is major-leage blowing it with maintaining cold war-level spending on the military instead of funding the really exciting medical research that will dominate economies in the latter half of this century. We should invert the 500-billion/50 billion ratio of federal spending we currently have, given that you accept such spending in the first place. But sadly for now it is just too juicy for a congressman to support some ancient military base dating back from the Indian Wars.

51cards
11-18-2006, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And replace them with, uh, more feet?

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/scientist-regrow-chicken-wing-12031.html

It's my contention that the US is major-leage blowing it with maintaining cold war-level spending on the military instead of funding the really exciting medical research that will dominate economies in the latter half of this century. We should invert the 500-billion/50 billion ratio of federal spending we currently have, given that you accept such spending in the first place. But sadly for now it is just too juicy for a congressman to support some ancient military base dating back from the Indian Wars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they want to kill us. You don't want to fight them here on our soil do you? Do you hate freedom? Do you hate your family?

edit: punctuation

CaseS87
11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you hate freedom? Do you hate your family?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be absurd.

arahant
11-19-2006, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you hate freedom? Do you hate your family?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to reply, but then I decided he had to be joking.

OP - yeah, I agree that GIVEN I suppurt current spending levels, we could spend less on the military and more elsewhere. I wouldn't really care to redirect it to medical research, though, as I don't see what business that is of the federal government's.

I don't actually have a huge problem with military spending per se, though I don't see why we are spending money sending a couple hundred thousand guys to an iraqi kamp-krusty.