PDA

View Full Version : suited connectors out of position

MrMysterious
11-18-2006, 09:23 PM
I thought this was an interesting hand, mostly bcs i never play suited connectors oop. tell me what ya think.

by the way converter isn't working so ill type it out.

6 handed .25/.50

Hero (BB) stack 61.26
Villain (Button) Stack 34.77
CO posts bb of .50

Hero hasn't been getting any cards so he should be seen as tight.

Hero is Dealt 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
folded to CO who checks, Button raises to $2. sb folds, Hero calls, CO folds

Flop pot is $5 is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets $3.7 Villain raises to $7.40 Hero calls.

Turn pot is $19.80 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero checks, Villain bets $10.37, Hero calls

River pot is $40.54 T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero Bets $15 Villain calls (all-in)

Again, comments appreciated.

redCashion
11-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't call with SC out of the blinds to a raise ever. These are usually going to be at best drawing hands on the flop, and you want position to play them.

On the flop I would check/call assuming you are being given a decent price (maybe 2/3 pot at most) since you are heads up. You picked up lots of outs on the turn, but I would guess you are still only 25%-30% to make your hand on the river. But you are deep into the hand, so I don't mind the call given implied odds. River is fine.

Antinome
11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Well, I do it. I try to do it calling raises by specific players, who are relatively tight preflop, and therefore have a predictable range. They also have to be bad postflop, either folding too much or calling too much. If I lead out with a draw, I want them folding or calling. Someone who raises is not a good candidate. I'm almost always doing this in the blinds, because I'm usually not limp-calling from EP. I really don't know if it is a leak or not.

Chaos_ult
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Slightly OT:

What do you guys think of calling reraises in position with these types of hands vs. a player who only 3bets with AA,KK,QQ,AK?

Antinome
11-18-2006, 10:35 PM
I look for a stack 10 times bigger than the call, and a villain that will ride TPTK to bustoville.

A better OT question is, do you call 3bets of your MP raise with SCs OOP when the 3bet range is predictable.

redCashion
11-18-2006, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I do it. I try to do it calling raises by specific players, who are relatively tight preflop, and therefore have a predictable range. They also have to be bad postflop, either folding too much or calling too much. If I lead out with a draw, I want them folding or calling. Someone who raises is not a good candidate. I'm almost always doing this in the blinds, because I'm usually not limp-calling from EP. I really don't know if it is a leak or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check in PT to see if you are making money on these hands, my guess is that you aren't. The only way I would call a raise with a SC in the blinds is if I'm very deep against a maniac who will donk his stack off with top pair. The thing to keep in mind is that this hand will only hit two pair of better 1/30 times on the flop(I heard mention of this number on Live at the Bike so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I would be much more likely to reraise out of the blind with a SC than to just call, against a weak/tight opponent who has shown me he likes to steal with a wide range but will also let a hand go.

I also don't limp/call SC out of EP, I'll either raise it or fold it.

redCashion
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I look for a stack 10 times bigger than the call, and a villain that will ride TPTK to bustoville.

A better OT question is, do you call 3bets of your MP raise with SCs OOP when the 3bet range is predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do call a 3bet with a SC IMO that is absolute spew. Raising or calling a raise is the highest I'll go with a hand like that since it will miss the majority of the time. Actually I think the best case for SC is if it's limped to you on the button, then you can limp in and see a cheap flop in position.

Wu36
11-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Ignoring preflop (I fold, but I'm a huge nit oop), postflop seems ok. On the flop I like leading most of the time (c/r being my next choice). Against a full stack shoving the turn is good sometimes, as is you're getting good odds on a call and he won't fold anything for ~15 more.

Antinome
11-19-2006, 02:30 AM
red, SCs and S1Gs are winners in BB/hand from the SB and BB down to 54s which is a small loser. 9Ts, 89s, 87s, T8s, and 97s come right after JJ+ in BB/hand, and are solid, reliable winners. I'm not sure how to filter them by those hands facing a raise, but looking through them I do see that at least half of them I called a raise. I should definitely stop messing around with 35s and 34s, and really any SC or S1G with a high card less than or equal to 6. 23s is a disaster. I MUST stop playing it altogether, and DEFINITLY not call raises with it.

MrMysterious
11-19-2006, 02:44 AM
like i said in post, i don't normally play these oop against a raise, but...

1)ive been tight so i should get some credit for a hand

2)can't immidiately give button credit for a hand bcs he could easily be making a move on dead money + Blinds (CO did post)

3)I get a bit of discount for being in BB

4) I don't need to hit the flop, i am really looking to take a stab at a flop i think he might miss, in this case he might have hit the Ace, but if he hit the ace he doesn't have a flush draw and vice versa

Hail Eris
11-19-2006, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously depends on the size of the stacks and the size of the 3bet. I'll call a standard 3bet when the stacks are very deep, and of course you'd have to be retarded to fold to something like a minraise.

kokiri
11-19-2006, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
like i said in post, i don't normally play these oop against a raise, but...

1)ive been tight so i should get some credit for a hand

2)can't immidiately give button credit for a hand bcs he could easily be making a move on dead money + Blinds (CO did post)

3)I get a bit of discount for being in BB

4) I don't need to hit the flop, i am really looking to take a stab at a flop i think he might miss, in this case he might have hit the Ace, but if he hit the ace he doesn't have a flush draw and vice versa

[/ QUOTE ]

1) gives too much credit to the villain, methinks

I don't like pf without a specific read that i can own this guy postflop. I think it's the sort of smallish leak that, cumulatively with others really hurts your winrate - i don't believe that you're putting yourself in a really +ve EV situation, at best it's probably neutral, so why bother?

i'd like a stronger lead on the flop, probably

d00nut
11-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Personally, I like a c/r here instead of leading out. That gives villain the opportunity to cbet on a missed flop, some fold equity if villain hits the flop weakly, and may even get you a free card on the turn if he calls you. As you played it, he has the lead in the hand the whole time, which isn't a place you want to be with a drawing hand heads up.

Edit: Also, I probably fold this preflop. Not deep enough to call a raise out of the blinds with a hand like this, in my opinion.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-19-2006, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously depends on the size of the stacks and the size of the 3bet. I'll call a standard 3bet when the stacks are very deep, and of course you'd have to be retarded to fold to something like a minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet/3bet ai with your draws and your sets, villain would have a super hard time playing against you

also, many times villain will have kk/qq and your bet will force them to fold

so i think it would definitely be profitable as long as you played small/medium pairs this way and were willing to gamble on the flop sometimes

Slava_sky
11-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Fold preflop.
Bet the flop $5.
Turn and river fine.