PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max, AQs in BB needs a better line

poisonxfree
11-18-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm fairly new to NL, as I'm mostly a limit player. I now have like 4k hands under my belt and am going through and analyzing most of my hands. I really struggle with playing marginal hands, and playing OOP. Given the board of this hand I think this encompasses both of these weaknesses and I was fairly lost throughout the hand.

Villain is unknown, he hadn't been at the table that long.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Relevant stack sizes:
Hero - 39.45
Villain - 93.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($17, 2 players)
Hero ??

I have questions on pretty much all streets. First off, should I 3bang this preflop? I feel like that locks me into cbetting into a large pot a pretty good amount of the time [I know not every time, but likely more than I want to since I'm OOP]. Once I call that, should I just bet this flop? I think I checked out of instinct [this is one of the early NL hands I played] planning to c/r because I'm used to limit and then I realized that would probably only bloat the pot for me OOP, and if he pushed I'd have a pretty tough decision I think. Finally I'm pretty sure this turn is my busto card. The question is do I check planning to push anything near a PSB [as that would would like half my stack]? Maybe c/c a small bet? Or should I put in some sort of a blocking bet to allow myself to draw cheaply? I think if I c/c here it might complicate the hand further on river cards where I miss my draws or hit like a Q, because there's still some tiny chance I have the best hand [or is there?].

I'd like to hear some of the thought behind the reasoning, as well, since I'm pretty new to NL. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. About the stack thing, I lost 10bux the previous hand and didn't reload yet.

Tien
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Always play with the maximum stacks.

I like to repop this preflop more often than not. Maybe 50-75% of hte time. But thats just my style, I hate calling preflop.

Flop play is OK, its not bad.

Turn is a check raise allin. I don't see any other way to play it.

the machine
11-18-2006, 02:40 PM
i htink your line is fine preflop and post flop. sometimes i lead this turn and sometimes i check

Ra_
11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't like reraising against unknowns. I like to at least have an idea of there raising range in CO before i repop this.