PDA

View Full Version : Video II on 50NL (30m) + audio!

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi guys,

I made another one, this time with audio. I am not a native English speaker, so bare with me. Sometimes you may even here some Dutch cursing.

Any commentary is welcome.

Paradise Poker, 50NL (http://www.jellevanderzwaag.nl/pp18nov.htm)

jonyy6788
11-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Direct download link?

2mb
11-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks fellow Dutchy, I'll check it out.
Those vids are very helpful.

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Direct download link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jellevanderzwaag.nl/pokerpp18nov.wmv

pokerchap
11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
you might want to turn the audio up a bit. it is pretty hard to hear on my laptop.

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you might want to turn the audio up a bit. it is pretty hard to hear on my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it already at the highest. I thought the sound was a bit low too. I'll look into it some more.

edit: Can't do no more aboiut it. I'll just talk closer to the mike next time.

pokerchap
11-18-2006, 12:11 PM
alright.

the only thing i am very confused about is why you folded QKs when it was 4-handed when there was just a standard raise PF?

i understand you are OOP but QKs is a very strong hand.

kabouter
11-18-2006, 12:31 PM
The part where you raised A6o from the SB seemed a bit strange too me. You were lucky with the flop though, and it was indeed jammer, I would probably have checked the flop there.

Jigsaws
11-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I just bet the flop in the AQ hand. I always c-bet, so I lead there too.

A6o raise from the SB I don't get. Again, I just bet, since I always do.

A4o hand. Once I check flop, I just check-call down there. That check-raise wasn't for value, no worse hands call. If you're looking for value, I'd just lead the flop. I think the gambler guy could call with a Q there.

I'd rather raise T8s UTG than Q7s.

66 in SB, fine. I prefer limping 22-77 from the blinds with the kinds of loose callers you have around you, but this is fine.

QTs flop raise: goot.

KQs. I don't hate just folding here. I kinda mix it up. Sometimes I call, sometimes I reraise, sometimes I fold.

AKs: pot the flop.

QTo: leaaaaaaaad flop.

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alright.

the only thing i am very confused about is why you folded QKs when it was 4-handed when there was just a standard raise PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm bit of a nit, but the villain's pfraising range wasn't big. Most flops I c/f. If the flop comes Kxx or Qxx, I might very well be against AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ (maybe this is nitty thinking), PP<QQ won't let me win a big pot (if he's sane), KJ/QJ/QT/KT are the only ones I might win a big pot against. The suitedness is goot, but being OOP sucks.

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The part where you raised A6o from the SB seemed a bit strange too me. You were lucky with the flop though, and it was indeed jammer, I would probably have checked the flop there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB and the poster have random hands and are probably folding to my raise. The limper limps with a wide range with a) the money already in the pot, b) with his position and will fold preflop often too. With all this dead money, I raised.

Sir Winalot
11-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I watched your video and here's some feedback. Pretty tl;dr actually but hope it helps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~2 mins, AQ. I would've open pushed or c/r AI.

I don't like the "ty" you typed to him after the hand.

~4 mins, T3s. I would've folded pf and called the river against the aggro dude.

~5 mins, A6. I would have raised to 3.5 to encourage them to fold a little more. No, you shouldn't check the flop.

~11 mins, 82. I would pot the flop, turn bet is good, I'd make it 12ish on the river. No, don't check river.

I never use the c/f box because villains with even half a brain will know exactly how bad hand I have and will bluff the flop with any two (at least I would If I was villain /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

~12 mins, A4. I would usually lead the flop, but sometimes I c/c too. I don't think there's much value in raising the turn.

~14 mins, A7. I like a raise too, makes them think twice aobut open limping the next time.

~19 mins. I wouldn't make a note about that, because even if he's not the greatest player, he must have realized that the other guy is a donk and that probably affected his decision.

~21 mins 66. I like the raise pf, but I would probably check an A-high flop against the shortie, because IMO a huge part of his range is going to be Ax.

Next hand, QTs. After a few limpers I limp with suited one-gappers quite often. I would raise the flop too, probably pushing pretty much any turn.

~24 mins, KQs. I would usually call and play some poker.

~25 mins, AKs. I would once again pot the flop here because it's so drawy.

~26 mins, A4. I sometimes raise this 4-handed, because it will usually buy the button. And actually we're post flop the 3rd to act of 4 players, so this is actually a quite good position 4-handed. But this is just my opinion.

~27 mins. I usually make a note if someone posts from somwhere else than the BB and makes minraises pf. They are usually perfect candidates for being a donk.

~30 mins, 32s. I would also call this pf very often, but let it go on the flop. Donks just don't know where the fold button is.

~32 mins, A8s. I would play it the same. There's no reason to believe the shortie would call a raise and 4-bet after a rr.

~33 mins, QT. I would fold pf. I would bet/3-bet AI on the flop because the minraise preflop didn't necessarily mean anything and he hasn't been aggro.

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just bet the flop in the AQ hand. I always c-bet, so I lead there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have good experiences with not cbetting an Axx-flop OOP w/ an ace in the hole. I always cbet an Axx-flop OOP w/out an ace. They won't notice. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, you might check to an aggro player when you have AK/AQ on Axx flops. No draws of course.

[ QUOTE ]

A4o hand. Once I check flop, I just check-call down there. That check-raise wasn't for value, no worse hands call. If you're looking for value, I'd just lead the flop. I think the gambler guy could call with a Q there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. I would do this only against this specific villain, who called my c/r with an underpair earlier on.

[ QUOTE ]

AKs: pot the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always cbet just below the pot: 3/4, 4/5. I should vary this.

[ QUOTE ]
QTo: leaaaaaaaad flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I hoped he would cbet. But they never do when you want them to...

kerplunkNL
11-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it.

[ QUOTE ]

~32 mins, A8s. I would play it the same. There's no reason to believe the shortie would call a raise and 4-bet after a rr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand what you are saying here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

~33 mins, QT. I would fold pf. I would bet/3-bet AI on the flop because the minraise preflop didn't necessarily mean anything and he hasn't been aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree. b/3bet>>>>c/r

Sir Winalot
11-18-2006, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand what you are saying here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Just saying that calling is ok even if we're not closing the action, because the shortie is kinda passive.

Dennisa
11-18-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its also an easily dominated hand. I'd much rather save my cold/cool calls for pairs that either flop badly or big.

Ben K
11-19-2006, 10:23 AM
I found the sound okay from my laptop provided I ran it through my headphones instead.

Nice vid

akkahai
11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I usually say just that when somebody compliments my hand. Be it sarcastic or not.

kerplunkNL
11-19-2006, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I usually say just that when somebody compliments my hand. Be it sarcastic or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it sarcastic? Lol.

Sir Winalot
11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't like it. If I were to say something I would do it to induce tilt or something. Being polite to fish and donks isn't a part of my poker table ethics. I think sth like "ship it donk! ii-ooorrr!!" or "yeah, nh by you too, FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!" would've been better. I'm not a very nice person btw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif