PDA

View Full Version : Playing 9-10 suited with scary flop...How is my line?

Minnie Man
11-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Villain is very LAG and has been showing down very marginal hands. His stack is the biggest only because of a couple of loose calls that hit.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

SB ($11.55)
BB ($26.10)
UTG ($8.10)
MP ($9.60)
Hero ($16.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.7</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, MP folds, Hero ???

With such a loose player, I think he probably has a SD or TP. He could have KQ, but the way he has been playing, I don't give him much credit for it. What here?

----------

This hand only lead me to a more puzzling question for me. With 9-10 suited, what am I hoping to flop? Two pair puts a broadway SD on the board as the hand above. The only SD I would want is a flop of 7-8-x. A single pair and my kicker isn't looking too good. So...is a 9-10 SC worth playing most of the time? Seems like it help a lot of broadway hands too, so someone calling my raise will likely be helped if I hit my hand too.

Supwithbates
11-18-2006, 01:42 PM
x8J, 78x are both good straight flops
QJx is alright if betting is anaemic

Minnie Man
11-18-2006, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This hand only lead me to a more puzzling question for me. With 9-10 suited, what am I hoping to flop? Two pair puts a broadway SD on the board as the hand above. The only SD I would want is a flop of 7-8-x. A single pair and my kicker isn't looking too good. So...is a 9-10 SC worth playing most of the time? Seems like it help a lot of broadway hands too, so someone calling my raise will likely be helped if I hit my hand too.

[/ QUOTE ]